Building a 1:76 Model Railway in a 1:76 Building Tips & Ideas

wapples

Yes you read right, not left or you have an amazing talent at reading backwards. I jest.

Now you are right i have a building on my OO 1/76 Layout which i plan to illuminate and will house a local towns club layout. No it will not be some over the top functioning Triple Z gauge layout probably just some clever painting and some hair fine pieces to make it appear as though there is a landscaped layout going on inside.

I welcome all ideas as I don't have steady hands and certainly not great at ultra fine detailing all ideas always welcome.

OP

That’s an excellent idea. I might just do that and just take a few little bits of flock or fine turf to sort of build up. What would be a little bit of a mountainous area great advice I will have a bit of a tickle in a play with this one thanks again.

1:76 should be easy! My N gauge layout has a steam museum, within which we have a coach parked up with an N gauge model railway set up inside grinning 1:160 within 1:160

This is the coach with the body removed. The layout has a roundhouse, return loop and fiddleyard based on real N modules owned by myself and friends grinning The red jackets are meant to be N-Club International members from Germany.

forum_image_646e01f27192c.thumb.png.eaaa3a8f0494106d0fefeccad2911d04.png

Here's the coach in situ at the back during a museum open day, with live band (working lights and music) and locos lined up for the public grinning The coach has interior lighting and plugs into power under the buffer stop.

forum_image_646e01f4ce9a8.thumb.png.df57454d8f663a642d61f0b48c417643.png