Auto calibration and speed curves

To check my thick noggin has this right, using the elite to do it (after setting loco to DCC control).
Place loco on programing track, select cv29 and enter 4 then cv149 and enter 0.
Once the red light has finished, place loco on main track, press function and then the number 0, loco should move for a short time and then its done ?

Bit 4 of CV29 should be set to zero, to use the simple rather than complex speed curve. It will be zero by default, if you haven't set a complex speed curve. The manual page 53 incorrectly states that the default for bit 4 is 1, just to confuse matters. The default value of CV29 as a whole is decimal 2 - setting bit 4 to 1 for a complex speed curve would make it decimal 18, which is what I had when I experienced the problem described at the start of this thread..

Regards, John

Why are you fiddling with CV29.

I thought, to ensure I was on the default simple curve.

TBH I am not sure how / what settings transpose from Bluetooth to DCC.

But I thought before anything else it sounded like a good idea to calibrate it slightly_smiling_face

Thank you for your patience guys, I am still trying to get a handle on this !

I would prefer not to reset and have to reload the sounds, if I can just set it to a simple curve and calibrate as BB did, and then play with the cvs to get my desired accel profile.

Good to see I can save the modified profile .. I'll try to find the export button !

As it stands now, I have the correct Hornby profiles for sound and control on my 3 locos.

@tt if you want to simply reset the CVs to default values (whilst retaining the sound profile you have installed) - then just write value 8 to CV8. The type of reset that would wipe sound profile is a full decoder reset (known in other equipment as resetting to factory default settings).

Are you using an apple product ?
As CV 149 is definitely greyed out on my android tablet.

I'm using an iPad, but perhaps CV149 is greyed out if you are under bluetooth control at the time you try to change it? I haven't tried that.

I've tried the iPad and it allows CV149 to be changed to zero even when the loco is under Bluetooth control, so this must be a difference between the iOS and Android versions of the app. Haven't checked whether the auto calibration will actually run when under Bluetooth control, as I didn't want to upset my carefully tuned loco!

Regards, John

I think it would be good to read ‘The Manual’ regarding Auto Calibration (CV149) Its a completely separate process to regular running. Note, it requires all the running profiles to be set at default values. Once done you can further tweak via Motor Control Source …. It’s all well explained.

One thing you will have to do is manually reset CV149, auto reset is not currently operational.