King Charles III - Locomotive Profile missing

candishtowers

I linked my King Charles III loco via the HM7000 app. When I tried to install the loco profile I received the error message “Could not locate profile SD65535”.

I deleted the loco and reset the decoder and linked again -same result.

(I cannot seem to get the “Resettable” icon though, just “Link”.)

I then made the mistake of trying to load the Class 66 profile - I now receive the error message Sound data/Profile ROM mismatch”. Loco is now “dead”.

Any ideas please, or is it case for Hornby CS to resolve?

Mine has just arrived and loaded first time onto my iPhone. I did not load the Class 66 sound profile. However all sounds are available when running DCC and using my Elite.

I just used Link Device and it went straight on, as said when asked if I wanted to load a profile I hit cancel. A bit more research required.

When you ‘load’ a new decoder into the app it automatically generates a new loco and asks if you want to load the associated profile. If you say yes you will find a new loco in your engine shed. What you should then do is make that your loco by giving it a DCC address and a suitable name.

With a factory fit loco it would be reasonable to expect that answering yes to loading the profile would configure the loco to what is on the box (much as RM does), then all you need to do is give it your preferred DCC address.

Maybe as the app develops there will be a built in database that intelligently accepts the correct setup that is already present on a factory fit loco.

When the app prompts for a profile just after linking a loco (that already has a non-default profile installed), then the prompt is to setup the App Profile on the device, not to touch the loco profile installed in the decoder itself.

When I accept that same prompt, mine then said "Could not locate profile SD046"

If I check Hornby current list of profiles SD046 is not listed (ignoring SD099, SD045 is the latest)

As the sound profile would need to be for a Class 66 with F20 added to play God Save the King, to me it looks like they have loaded the Loco Profile onto the decoder but not made the App Profile available yet - hence the error.

Unfortunately if you can't load the profile into the App you end up with blank tiles in the app where you would turn on and off the various functions - motor control still works. You can manually edit the function list in the App and edit each tile so that the functions provided in the Bluetooth & DCC sound decoder manual (supplied with the loco) are configured in order to get round this issue. (which is what I have now done)

Note: If you set the loco to DCC control and use a suitable controller then all of the sound functions (including F20) do work, it's only the app that is affected by a missing profile

Mine worked straight out of the box. I didn't use any app, just my DCC controller

It will work straight out of the box for traditional DCC - it is the profile in the bluetooth app (on your phone / tablet) that is missing, not what is stored on the decoder inside the loco.

The factory fit loco has a provisional sound profile. It is recommended that KC3 Coronation owners update to the updated sound profile which is live on the App and has PB static charging and bug fixes. Feedback on those would be appreciated.

Edit - the factory fit profile was thought to be v1 but the release version to the app is an updated v1. See my other post about profile updates in general, where there is a full version list and explanatory notes.

The factory fit loco has a provisional sound profile. It is recommended that KC3 Coronation owners update to the updated sound profile which is live on the App and has PB static charging and bug fixes. Feedback on those would be appreciated.

I haven't done a full test, but the correct profile is now seen by the App and I have downloaded it to the loco without issue.

I did notice one thing (which is easy for us to self correct)

The name of the button on the tile for the functions for F20 "God Save the King" is set to something like Sound On/Off which does not match with the anthem that it correctly plays when you select it.

As you say Colin, easily fixed by selecting the functions tab from loco settings, then pick F20, amend the name and if there is one pick a more suitable icon.

I haven’t tested it but there may be a limited number of characters allowed in the function name field length, if so some abbreviation of the function name may be required.