Loco goes from nothing to full on movement of the speed slider.

candishtowers

So, bought myself a Hornby Railroad Colas 47….tested on analogue and runs fine. I put in the TXS decoder, and loaded the sound profile for the 47. All sounds work correctly, however using the speed control on the HM7000 causes the loco to shoot forward to full speed immediately and the speed is uncontrollable. As soon as I set the speed slider to the left (off) the loco stops immediately.

I carried out a full reset of the decoder, linking it again, this time loading both the default sound profile as well as the “small” class 08 profile. Same result - the loco is uncontrollable.

One thing I did I notice is that this decoder takes perhaps twice as long time wise to link to the Bluetooth, and, as soon as you put the loco on the track or switch the current off and on, the loco jerks forward an inch or two. No other locos I have fitted with TXS do this.

Is it a question for CS and a possible return, or does anybody have any more suggestions to cure the errant decoder? Thank you.

Thank you 96RAF, changing the CV2 to the value 2 did the trick. Never fiddled with them before. Perhaps I will read the manual more. Cheers.

Great.

No need to read all the manual, just be aware of what CVs are, what they do and why they have specific default values.