HM7000 not switching to DCC control properly

John-371401

I have recently taken the plunge with the HM7000 and have discovered a couple of issues I need help with.

1. When I select DCC control I get control of the sound but not the speed or direction on my Railmaster screen. This seems to be random as it sometimes does work but mostly not. I have checked CV12 and it is set to 0 so should be OK

2. When running on Bluetooth I have noticed that the loco suddenly stops and immediately restarts when running around my track, again this seems random as it happens at different poits on the track. The track is clean and I do have power banks installed.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, I updated the sound profile 2 days ago.I have the issue of the decoders not switching to DCC on two of the three decoders I bought, the third one operates as it should and can be operated on both DCC and Blutooth by switching in the APP. The strange thing about the other two is if I switch to DCC in the app I get control of the sound on Railmaster but not control of the loco's motion. The firmware is updated to the latest.

I still get a significant difference in the sound volume when I switch between Bluetooth and DCC. DCC is louder. I’m on the V2 profiles for the TT120 A3/4.

is this still a known problem?

BTW everything else seems good now I’m on the new profiles. Thanks Hornby and testers

The volume difference seems to be the default value from the new profile is still not writing across to DCC. It is worth checking that the global volume CV158 is the same when read OTA from the app and direct by your DCC controller.

Good to hear all else is running well for you.

I don't know if this could be one of the issues. I only use the HM7000 app to update the software and to test the decoder. On my phone I have 3 decoders set, which is the number I have programed. When I was programming my third decoder, after it had reprogrammed, I went off to do something else. When I next used the app it defaulted to the first decoder rather than the one currently in use, it did not seem to realise two of the decoders were no longer connected. It threw me at first as I got the message "DCC enabled" which I knew not to be true. it was then I realised that the app was pointing to the wrong decoder which wasn't even powered.

I figured that 96RAF. To me it should default to the last used decoder but in my case it didn't. I only use the App for reprogramming the devices, so it is not an issue, but to those that are not familiar with the system it may cause issues reporting issues that don't exist.

I will check out CV29, what should it be set to for DCC operation?

There isn’t any setting in CV29 that relates to DCC operation or not.

You weren’t asked to set or change it by the way, only to report it. It’s only possible role relates to incorrect carry over from app to DCC in long addressing.