Power Bank Not charging at all

Paul-372172

I have a Hornby class 08 which was fitted with TTS dcc sound. The decoder has blown so I have fitted a new R7322 HM7000-21TXS and Power Bank. The locomotive runs ok (ish) and the sound works ok but the Power Bank fails to charge even after it has been running for 15 minutes or so. Any ideas?

Hi Paul and Welcome to the Forum

When you say the previous Decoder has blown. What were the circumstances of that. Is it a Loco fault. You say the Loco runs OK (ish), which suggests there is a problem.

I have Power Banks fitted to 2 Class 08 Loco's and they start to charge immediately power is applied.

As RDS suggests, this sounds like a problem with the loco rather than the decoder. Do you have another loco that you can put this decoder in to see if it works ok in there?

Also make sure the PB is fully plugged in (don't push too hard or you may damage the plug on the decoder).

Have you loaded the latest version of the sound file? Version 2, with changes to the PB charging protocols, is now available on the app.

With the decoder removed, sort out the running issues of the loco on DC if possible before installing a decoder.

If your answer to 96RAF's question is because the loco keeps stopping (or something similar) then you might consider there is an intermittent fault in the motor or motor circuit that gives the impression that there is no charge in the power bank.

Hence the need to do as others have suggested .... test the loco as an Analogue loco (decoder removed) on DC. If the running issues still persist, then it cannot be a decoder / power bank issue.