HM7000 Chuff synch WAY OFF

Michael-373836

Hello everyone. This is my first ever post so forgive me if this is a repeat topic.

The other day I got my Hornby Dublo Flying Scotsman USA Tour edition and bought the HM7000 sound decoder for her. I installed the decoder, downloaded the proper sound files and everything works great.

HOWEVER; I have come to notice that the synchronized chuffs are hilariously off and are way slower than they should be. At the higher speeds I'm only getting like 2 chuffs per wheel revolution. I've read other chats on here where people have played with CVs 67-94 (96RAF in particular) to try and fix this issue.

I've been at this for hours and my Scotsman is still only producing at most 2 chuffs per revolution at "normal speeds"..... Has anyone on here installed the HM7000 on an A1/A3 and have been successful at identifying CV values that will give me an accurate chuffing sequence using the A1/A3 sound profiles? I can't stand running my model with chuffs that are hilariously off.

Any input and answers are greatly appreciated.

Page 130 of the decoder manual latest revision lists typical values for the speed curve for various cylinder arrangements.

Are you sure you have the 00 version of the profile loaded and is it the latest version, which you should load even if yours came factory fitted.

forum_image_656848211ed06.thumb.png.cfade7d5092fa5bfafcde49d45cf40dd.png

Page 130 of the decoder manual latest revision lists typical values for the speed curve for various cylinder arrangements.
Are you sure you have the 00 version of the profile loaded and is it the latest version, which you should load even if yours came factory fitted.
forum_image_656848211ed06.thumb.png.73ffc51f1076d7e8187490fcade0445a.png
96RAF; I used the speed table you shared with me above, however at any speed besides a crawl I'm still only getting 3 chuffs per wheel revolution at best. At 50% speed it takes 2.5 wheel revolutions for 6 chuffs to happen. I'm loving the functionality of the HM7000 and being able to use my phone, but Hornby really messed up on this wheel chuff synchronization! Almost makes me want to send it back and get a Loksound or other decoder that will give me the sufficient sound sequences.

I would download another profile -say Class 08 as it is a quickie, then interrogate as before, then when you are sure your downloads are working OK, go get SD040 again.

Go buy a Loksound if you want to, after all it’s your cash and your perception of value (and accuracy) for money.

• 1 month later...