Mistakes identifying Profile Versions

Rallymatt

I have noticed that people are making mistakes on identifying which profile version is uploaded to their decoder. This may be a quirk of the App but to establish correctly which Profile version you have uploaded follow these screens;

Go to ‘browse profiles’ and tap on the ‘open installed profile’

This next screen will correctly display the profile uploaded.

The last two screen shots I have included a V1 and a V4 comment from the initial ‘manage device’ screen.

forum_image_6569d1e42371b.thumb.png.17c5615c169ae179046f17ba2d41f378.png

forum_image_6569d1e653c79.thumb.png.662619353a846f7ce669f30b7262b30b.png

These following two screens show profile versions but do not refer to sound/running profile.

forum_image_6569d1e85fafa.thumb.png.8e60c7f9c8d064d5cff9e9305b86dc98.png

forum_image_6569d1eaa3c0e.thumb.png.5a449b4c6ffe8fb7b7bbdce0bcf5ac45.png

Rob, thinking about this, is it possible that the V2 profile doesn’t always fully catch?hence various descriptions of what profile is installed?

No idea, it may just be the app pages not synching.

Shortage of Hornby troops this week for the test team to pester unfortunately.

Many things happening at once. HM|DC app loading problem on some Android phones, dongle update to sign off before it goes public, profile updates to add features to match those recently published in the manual update, HM|DCC app update to keep in synch with the hardware, etc. Never a dull moment.

Rob, any news on this? I saw you directed someone with a 9f to discover what version of profile they had, but it’s not what is happening with all profiles when viewed via app in different places. I appreciate there is a lot of demand on peoples time and George is away currently. 😁

Hornby has confirmed the page synch problem, but we still await a live app update and release of up-versions of profiles. The actual profile loaded is the correct reporting page (per my 9F post image).

Just so folk are aware of the different agencies involved :

Bryter are the app developers,

George is the overall project manager who posts up the sound profiles on the Hornby server and Hornby Tech are the guys dealing with decoder and app issues and generating the sound profiles.

The decoder firmware itself is handled by the boffins in Hong Kong.

Once they have been initially checked by Tech, the external test team validates the new updates, which are generally one or two ahead, on the test app, before they are released to the live apps.

As you can imagine it’s a bit like one-armed paper hanging on roller-skates at times, when you realise the Hornby guys are not only working HM7K, but several other current and future projects as well. It can be very frustrating waiting for the wheels of industry to turn.

Searching around the Web it is actually Bryter Digital, it appears Bryter is a different company handling a totally different product.

You are absolutely correct but colloquially the name is shortened as we know who they are.