Relinking HM7000 decoder

Bugsy1957

HI All, I have 2x 8TXS decoders the second of which is fitted to a 9F and is working wonderfully (I'm using via a DCC-EX home built controller although I don't think that is relevant for this)

My first one has never been linked to the HM App on my Android phone and when I try and link it it asks for a reset code which I don't have. The implication is that I have to contact Hornby - has anyone every been through this process?

FYI both decoders have been supplied direct from Hornby and therefore are not second hand

Thanks in advance

This persistent request for a reset code is a known glitch which can usually be by-passed by a complete power down and rescan. The decoder should show up as ready to link. The subject has been covered on this forum many times previously.

In the event that doesn’t work contact CS and tell them the decoder ID. They will look up the reset code.

This persistent request for a reset code is a known glitch which can usually be by-passed by a complete power down and rescan. The decoder should show up as ready to link. The subject has been covered on this forum many times previously.
In the event that doesn’t work contact CS and tell them the decoder ID. They will look up the reset code.

Many thanks - I did try the power off/wait/on/rescan but it didn't work so next stop is CS

Thanks again

Many thanks - I did try the power off/wait/on/rescan but it didn't work so next stop is CS

Thanks again

Power off the tablet or phone with the app on it as well. Just power cycling the decoder is not enough.

I’ve had exactly the same ‘reset device’ issue with maybe 95% of new decoders - it’s a bit of a nuisance but not a game changer.

George is on holiday this week but regular CS will have been primed for any HM7K queries.

Just to update this I had an email reply from Matt in CS advising a course of action and the matter is now fixed. If Matt gets to read this a big "thank you" :)

Mod note - passed to Matt

I fitted a new 8-TXS decoder yesterday, my 5th, and encountered this request for a reset code - the first time I've seen this. Powering everything down didn't resolve it.

I used my Samsung mobile to find the Bluetooth id but it was shown in the form HM7000_xxxx - I couldn't see a way of getting the full 12 character code.

Daedalus mentions above that the code is of the form A4C138xxxxxx, which leaves the 7th and 8th characters to be determined - but I saw that they were 00 on all my other decoders, so I tried A4C13800xxxx and that worked.

Regards, John

I have posted more than once before that the 7th and 8th characters can be any alpha-numeric, not just 00 or 01.

This is my exported listing from the app confirming the fact. Note also use of lower case in the reset code and that the HM7040 dongle also has a reset code.

forum_image_657c4612cc30d.png.44d5c58748014f4920ad6b1759233c65.png

In that case you need the full address. If your device only gives the Name there are many Apps.

I tried "Bluetooth LE Scanner" which is in the PlayStore and is gives the full address of the decoders. There will be similar Apple Apps.

The case should not be relevant as it is a Hexadecimal number. If the lower case is needed just use it. I can't think why they would not accept either case.

Daedalus, I've now installed the Bluetooth LE Scanner on my Samsung phone and it does show the full addresses of my decoders, so thanks for that. Useful information for anyone encountering this problem in the future.

Rob, it seems very strange that you have such a variety of values in digits 7 and 8 when all 5 of mine, bought from different retailers at different times, have 00. Are yours perhaps from a different pre-production batch?

Regards, John