R30027 Class 60 - Missing Ploughs

DJB61

Bought this Class 60 from TMC for £137 (RRP is £229) in early Decemeber for Xmas and the full ploughs were not supplied, only those for use with a coupling. The service sheet says "Remove coupling pocket, (Fig.1), then remove pre-fitted snow plough and fit alternative as shown (Fig.2)". Nothing was actually fitted, so not sure if this is how all Class 60's are being supplied?

I contacted Hornby Customer Service who asked for my address to send some out, then emailed back saying we haven't got any. They appear to be supplied in the detailing pack X5593 but I only want one full plough for the front. They seem to be available on-line at extortionate prices where some are 3d printed that require painting. Does any one have a spare they would sell or give away?

Sometimes wonder about the quality control as the rear kinematic coupling (Exhaust end) would stick on one side. Had to file the milled casting so it now springs back correctly so just as well I didn't pay the full RRP.

Mod note - Rule 10 - no buying or selling (even giving away) or posting of contact details. The forum has no direct messaging system either.

I went straight to Hornby Customer Service as I believe all Class 60’s are being supplied like this, can some share their experience? So the model came with no ploughs already fitted.

There is a detailing bag supplied which was sealed. This had slotted ploughs, pipes and small tension lock couplings. I use Hunt magnetic couplings or Hornby’s version.

Whilst I can get onto TMC, they are just going to ask Hornby as they are not being supplied. May have to bite the bullet and get some from a 3rd party supplier.

There is a post dating back to November 2015 ("Class 60 Skiddaw") lamenting the absence of fitted 'snowploughs' and the accessory bag then containing just one of each type, so the basic problem is not new but it would seem that the contents of the accessory bag has changed over the years.

Yes DJB I have had the same problem with my R3884 class 60.

It seems older class 60s did come with the full plows as a member of my model club has one with them fitted.

Interesting to see if this is intentional or just an issue.

Best wishes

Yeah, that would make sense, all of the older Hornby class 60s I've seen do have them fitted. Or is it an intentional detail difference between the models? That, I think, is unlikely considering those without full plows do come with the cutaway ones.

Interesting to see what others make of this

Best wishes