Bachmann class V2 sound profile

sir john

Afternoon all I have just been gifted a bachmann v2. I would love to add sound and I have a hm7000 sound decoder spare .I know there is no profile for this but would the A1 profile be near as they are both 3 cylinder locos any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards john

Sir John, could I suggest you 3 dot menu 'Edit' the thread title to "Bachmann Class V2 sound profile". When I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about the second versions [V2] of the HM7000 sound profiles in general, not a specific Bachmann loco class.

John, the A1 is what I used in mine. Of course HM7K allows you to try other profiles at no extra cost if you feel it’s not quite right. Just be aware that you may have to perform autoclibrate to match the Bachmann motor to the decoder. It’s all in the manual.

Yes Sir J - I think the TTS sounds were overall better in some cases. I don't think you could beat the old Class 20, be interesting to hear the TXS one when it arrives. I think the TTS Deltic was better than the TXS as well, and as for the new Class 47 horns, even tho' real recordings they are not a patch on my local 47's horns.

Just to say I have now fitted an Hm7000 to my v2 downloaded the A1 profile sounds really good chuffs appear to be in sync. It sound so much better through the pre installed speaker than my lemberg with the same profile using the supplied speaker, I also have two deltics fitted with Hm7000 decoders but with esu speakers swapped for the hornby ones so lemberg will be going the same way

John