HM7000 sound fitted Class 50s & 66s added to Hornby online store for pre-order

Moccasin

Hornby have added 7 of the 8 sound fitted Class 50s and 66s to their online store for pe-order. Prices follow the previous £55 surcharge for the HM7000, so £185 for the 66s and £223 for the 50s.

GBRf 50049 Defiance is still missing as is the analogue/DC Green BR 08 listed on other retailers' sites.

All new listings are yet to have their images added (even though they're the same as the DCC-ready versions).

Luckily I’ve still got mine on pre-order at the pre-increase price (plus the bonus points I can still get until 20th February). The HM7000 chips arrived today from Hattons, bought in their closing down sale.

i might get another order in for the sound versions while I can still get around 4000 hobby points per unit. I got in a bit late and had to pay for the club membership, but it might be paying off a bit now.

TT3028M the missing green gronk is now available on the website to pre-order.

Incidentally if anyone is wondering this item doesn't appear eligible for members discount. I have 13 days left on mine so tried putting through a pre-order only to find I would have to pay full price. Possibly one to order from one of the dealers!

The 50s and 66s still get the full 20% including the newly listed sound fitted versions (already showing as pending on my hobby points statement) whereas the 08 is just 10%. I feel the need for a call to customer services tomorrow.

TT3028M the missing green gronk is now available on the website to pre-order.

Oddly it's not showing up directly in the range pages but is searchable by that model number. I wonder if that is causing the issue with the discount not being applied. Hopefully customer services will give you a 15% off code to fix the issue so that you can use the discount you're entitled to.

My membership expires tomorrow and the green 08 shows up with zero discount

If you do want to buy it, a call to Customer Service may elicit a solution. Unless it specifically says it's not eligible for discount of the 20% rewards that replaced it (like the bundles did), they can't really argue.

Doesn’t look like the discount or points are available on this model? I guess that makes sense given that the announcements were delayed until April so the early bird discounts weren’t affecting revenue?

This class 08 seems to be more of a leak than a planned pre-order release so that would also fit with that theory?

When I noticed the discount wasn't applied my first reaction was "c'est la vie" given that I wasn't expecting the green 08 and the membership was free to start with. However we have to remember that there are people who joined the club after January and have paid the £30 fee in return for getting 20% points. Some of these people could have membership running through to next Autumn.

If I was one of the people who'd paid for membership I would be a little miffed to find that things where suddenly excluded.

Do the memberships run as late as Autumn? I thought all of the early birds were finished by March. Not sure where I read that, but it seemed to make sense at the time.

The 15% discount ends soon for those signing up to the initial offering and then those who subscribed to the revised club could get the extra 10% rewards until (presumably) October when the first anniversary of the free digital club falls. I think most of those with the extra reward will have had to renew by the summer though.