TT:120 track dimensions

Hello all

I have just received my first ever train set, 'The Scotsman'. For the life of me I can't find out what the dimensions are for each of the track options, from the Base Oval onwards. I have a feeling my dining room table is going to be too small.

Also, with the set, there is a small plastic packet which contains, which I can only describe as, a black 'ladder', I assume this affixes to the loco, but the instruction booklet doesn't mention it. Thanks for any help.

I'm sure this has been discussed on the TT:120 forum.

The tech specs for the set as posted on the shop page suggest a minimum size of 137cm x 91cm. This assumes you construct the oval with the siding on the outside, and I think also allows for expansion to double track with a further track outside that. If you look at the dimensions of the track mat it is 137cm x 102cm and that includes more space around the outside.

It is possible to have the siding on the inside, in which case you can reduce the 91cm. The set comes with R3 curves which are 35.3cm radius to the centreline so let's say 70.6cm plus some clearance, maybe 76cm but that's still quite near the edge so I'd suggest 80cm is fair.