R30319 sold out on Hornby website

rman

It’s amazing how quickly R30319 the GWR 14xx sells out. It’s barely been released and it’s sold out in most places. I get an email from a well known retailer to tell me it’s stock I blink and it’s sold out 😂 before I even had a chance buy one 😂

And that is a Good Thing!

Demand is strong and Hornby sells out. They make their profit, and get to stick around for another day. Hornby may take note that inexpensive models sell out, and offer similarly priced items, in similar quantities. No sense in boatloads sitting on a shelf.

And next time, do not sit around pondering a purchase.

Pounce!

Bee

I wonder if this is the same tooling as their previous, or have they at least got rid of that traction tyre which is nothing but trouble on all but one of the examples I have.

Given the maximum train length was two Auto Trailers either side, I am surprised why the original manufacturer ever thought they were needed.

My only wish is that the top feed was a separate fitting so that it could be removed/left off as this would allow for a wider age range.

I have the original Airfix one and they are definitely needed on that one just to drive the loco. I removed them as with effectively only one pickup, it meant it might run better. When I was doing my search I think I read that Hornby had changed the pickups to make it run better. This is definitely one that can be enhanced by adding "stay alive" to make it run better, even though some guy on RMWeb says that this is a bodge to compensate for bad track design (I don't agree with him).

I was doing some more checking on these. Did you know that they are not DCC ready? My big question is (I am thinking of buying one) is there enough room inside to fit a small six pin decoder and LaisDCC "Stay Alive".

Hopefully before @Fishy notices & further reduces the length of his teeth…

Please could a mod update the title to “R30319 sold out on Hornby website”?

Several retailers have stock, so it would be a shame if an ambiguous title discouraged further investigation/purchases.

Edit - Thank you.