Platform problem

TaffsTT

Yes, my loops are mm,s too narrow and the supplied platforms are no good for curves. To overcome this I am currently making my own platforms from some left over ply I have. Just waiting for a sander.

It's no where near finshed yet but the pic gives the general idea. I will make more for my main station area which is similar to yours.

forum_image_65c1200e4bc1b.thumb.png.e489afd02aa8658d76a6c96789d96233.png

@Taff

here in Germany the(calculated) minimal platform width is 34mm, although I've read of 10' wide ( 25mm) platforms in the UK's earlier days.

Addendum:

You'll need according to MOROP's NEM301 an additional 15,5..16mm space on each side to clear the vehicles, resulting in a distance of say min 57mm center-to-center

@Taff
here in Germany the(calculated) minimal platform width is 34mm, although I've read of 10' wide ( 25mm) platforms in the UK's earlier days.
Addendum:
You'll need according to MOROP's NEM301 an additional 15,5..16mm space on each side to clear the vehicles, resulting in a distance of say min 57mm center-to-center

Many thanks!

PECO station parts can be cut to make narrower platforms.
In The Greenwood make laser cut platforms that are 47mm wide.

In The Greenwood stuff is great ordered an ox bow bridge, tested a platform to see if it would work with hornby platform ends which it did, and only this week ordered a water tower needing to hide a point motor that wouldn’t fit underneath.

In The Green Wood do some lovely stuff in TT:120. Instructions are vague but think of it like a 3D jigsaw puzzle! I have a signal

box with fantastic interior details, so much so, I left the roof loose to look inside 😁

Making your own from plywood is quite easy as is covering with platform printed designs that are readily available.

Mine went from the previous post to this

forum_image_65c4eb38cf376.thumb.png.e227a3206b18d77e4b8ae49e98cfd5d5.png

And then to this, nearly finished. Platform on the left is done. Brick detail to add to one on the right.

forum_image_65c4eb3e13ce8.thumb.png.9a45df572916bc5b5077396c64ce7298.png