Club Coin

Airfix Club page

Behold the unveiling of the limited-edition 2024 Airfix Club Coin!

What’s this? A new limited-edition Airfix Club Coin? That’s right, you heard it! By joining the Airfix Club, you're not just gaining access to the exclusive Club kit welcome pack perks; you're also stepping into a world of exclusive discounts, competitions, members only products and valuable access to the latest and greatest news within the modelling community. Now introducing our exclusive, limited-edition 2024 Airfix Club Coin, with only 250 available, there’s no time to wait!

Airfix 2024 Club Coin with 1:72 scale Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX and 1:72 scale Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB

With the intricate craftmanship, Runway25 have yet again crafted another highly detailed metallic coin, honouring the 80th anniversary of D-Day coinciding with our 2024 Club Kit. Featuring the iconic Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX and Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB that served during the Normandy Campaign, will this coin be yours?

Don't miss your chance to secure yours before they vanish into history, join the Airfix Club today!

• Confused 1

I’m not getting this new fad of Airfix and others for producing coins. What’s one supposed to do with them? 

If, for example, Airfix were to produce a stand for our models with a slot in which to place the coin then may be I’d see some sense in them. 🤷‍♂️

I ordered one which arrived today. Bigger and heavier than I was expecting and with a limited edition number engraved on it and in a protective hard plastic case. As I collect Airfix ephemera, I'm very pleased with it! But has anyone else seen the news about Airfix wrist-watches? £210 - £335 seems rather expensive....

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2024 at 14:00, Tour de Airfix said:

I’m not getting this new fad of Airfix and others for producing coins. What’s one supposed to do with them? 

If, for example, Airfix were to produce a stand for our models with a slot in which to place the coin then may be I’d see some sense in them. 🤷‍♂️

These are not really coins, because they don’t have a value on them, and they can’t be spent in a shop etc, they’re just a commemorative piece, like a medal which is given to winners and runners up in competitions, and the use of the term coin for these, is made in error/ignorance depending upon how you look at it.

But they’re lovely to look at, therefore they’re excellent for collecting, and if you want to display them alongside the model/s that they depict, then they are supplied with a protective case, which could quite easily be rigged to stand on a display stand, especially if you’re handy at scratch building things, and you don’t want to just place them between or in front of the model/s they depict.

Jon.

Edited by Jon-1296662
I just wanted to add why I like them.

3 minutes ago, Jon-1296662 said:

These are not really coins

You're on a mission today 😉

I agree they are not coins, I was only quoting what Airfix are calling them ... "Behold the unveiling of the limited-edition 2024 Airfix Club Coin!"

They are worthless sparkly things that attract the magpies amongst us. Just because I don't get them doesn't mean others can't  😊

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Tour de Airfix said:

You're on a mission today 😉

I agree they are not coins, I was only quoting what Airfix are calling them ... "Behold the unveiling of the limited-edition 2024 Airfix Club Coin!"

They are worthless sparkly things that attract the magpies amongst us. Just because I don't get them doesn't mean others can't  😊

When I wrote that, I wasn’t aiming it at you specifically, but I was aiming it at everyone who misuses the term “coin”, mainly because I do collect coins (but I am not a numismatist), and other shiny things too (especially opals, etc, etc, etc), so do I take it from your disparaging comment about magpies, that you don’t keep your models, because if you do keep them, then you are surely just as much a magpie as everyone else, aren’t you??? 😉
Ps, I don’t often feel like accessing the internet, unless I am bored or something (such as waiting for silver clay or paint, to dry out so I can get on with the next stage), so I tend to blitz things when I do, especially if I have any questions, or points of view to voice.

Edited by Jon-1296662