2012 Same Loco!!

Bulleidboy

Loco arrived today, together with my 2013 membership card and badge. The loco is the QE2 - 60th Anniversary Model that I received last year! I'm not to concerned as it's free, and the grandchildren may like it - but over many years I've never had the same

loco with the same livery.

bulleidboy said:

Loco arrived today, together with my 2013 membership card and badge. The loco is the QE2 - 60th Anniversary Model that I received last year! ... over many years I've never had the same loco with the same livery.

My

calendar still shows 2012. (I have not received my loco yet for 2012. I only renewed a few weeks ago after my renewal came with the latest Collector Club.)

I'm not sure how you managed to renew for 2013 in 2012. Perhaps since you renew so late in the

year, at one time you got sent the next year's model. (Sometimes they run out.)

Ozexpatriate said:
I have not received my loco yet for 2012. I only renewed a few weeks ago after my renewal came with the latest Collector Club.

I mailed my renewal form not much more than two weeks ago.
https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-collector-club/3537/?page=2

I

am expecting the 2012, QEII No. 60 0-4-0T. The 2013 model has not been announced.

Ozexpatriate said:

bulleidboy said:

Loco arrived today, together with my 2013 membership card and badge. The loco is the QE2 - 60th Anniversary Model that I received last year! ... over many years I've never had the same loco with

the same livery.
My calendar still shows 2012. (I have not received my loco yet for 2012. I only renewed a few weeks ago after my renewal came with the latest Collector Club.)

I'm not sure how you managed to renew for 2013 in 2012. Perhaps since

you renew so late in the year, at one time you got sent the next year's model. (Sometimes they run out.)

My renewal is during November, and I think both you and I got our renewal forms with the latest Club Magazine at about the same time. I

renewed over the phone with a credit card, on the same day the renewal form arrived. It's probably about a three/four week period from renewal to card,badge and loco arriving.

bulleidboy said:
My renewal is during November, and I think both you and I got our renewal forms with the latest Club Magazine at about the same time.

Yes we did and my QEII No. 60 0-4-0ST locomotive arrived in the post yesterday.

Years

ago when I first joined, my renewal used to be earlier in the year - September I think. Now it is late October. My very first year the "V" tank wagon was the replacement item since they had run out.

What surprised me was your comment at the beginning

of this thread that the QE II No. 60 was the locomotive you received last year - given that that was the model for all memberships renewed in 2012. I did not think it was available until early in 2012.

If memory serves, mine (received around the same

time) was different. Perhaps I am not remembering things correctly?

Ozexpatriate said:
What surprised me was your comment at the beginning of this thread that the QE II No. 60 was the locomotive you received last year - given that that was the model for all memberships renewed in 2012. I did not think it was

available until early in 2012.

Our first news of this particularly model came in early December 2011 in a calendar. See:

https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-collector-club/1483/

"What surprised me was your comment at the beginning of this thread that the QE II No. 60 was the locomotive you received last year - given that that was the model for all memberships renewed in 2012. I did not think it was available until early in 2012."

My

renewal for 2012 would have been in November 2011, and the QE II No 60 arrived some weeks later. I can't remember whether it actually arrived in 2011 or early 2012. However I now have two. I'll be interested to hear whether a different loco appears later in

the year.

• 4 weeks later...

A little disappointed having picked up my January 2013 Hornby Magazine, to which was attached a 2013 Calendar, to find that if I joined the Collector Club today, I would get an 0-4-0 in Southern livery, and it does look nice. As I've said earlier in this

thread, my renewal was in November 2012, and I was sent the same loco as in 2011, the QEII No 60. Not the end of the world, but as I say disappointing.

bulleidboy said:

A little disappointed having picked up my January 2013 Hornby Magazine, to which was attached a 2013 Calendar, to find that if I joined the Collector Club today, I would get an 0-4-0 in Southern livery, and it does look nice.

As I've said earlier in this thread, my renewal was in November 2012, and I was sent the same loco as in 2011, the QEII No 60. Not the end of the world, but as I say disappointing.

I'm new in here, but I second that, they should have had you marked

down as having been sent a 2012 model.
I was wondering what the collector club is all about & if it would be worth joining; maybe they should give you a choice of several models to be in the years livery. Steam or diesel at least.
(Just my thoughts.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I renewed my membership on Jan 1st 2013 taking the club loco option, received my package in the post on the 12th, and surprise surprise it's the 2012 model - the one I DIDN'T want - why offer one model then give another. I then mailed Hornby to try and

rectify this, and as yet I have had no response.

Am definately not renewing my subscription next year

Stredz said:

I renewed my membership on Jan 1st 2013 taking the club loco option, received my package in the post on the 12th, and surprise surprise it's the 2012 model - the one I DIDN'T want - why offer one model then give another. I then

mailed Hornby to try and rectify this, and as yet I have had no response.

Am definately not renewing my subscription next year

That's really strange! I renewed a few days after you and received my membership package on Tuesday, and my

2013 club loco arrived today.

Archived