What’s happened now!

5 hours ago, 96RAF said:

We are now on our third iteration of forum platforms and each version has generated the same nay-saying, even to the extent that some folk said v3 is worse than v2 which was great so why change it, when those same folk had previously voiced opinion that v2 was worse than v1, which was also great so why change it.

It is noticeable that the nay-sayers usually have a low post count, so likely unfamiliar with the workings and full advantages of any new version.

This latest version has the odd navigation and filtering glitches which are being sorted but you now have a decent search engine, picture galleries for your own albums, there will be clubs and blogs later. Regardless of that as stated by others it is what it is and you either like it or lump it. Other forums are available or you could delve into the fantasy world of Facebook groups.

I've a fiarly high count (don't post pics etc) but really cant stand v3.0. Far  too many changes that have made it far from user friendly. Nothing is easy to find any more. Only reason I'm in this thread is that it is the most active on Airfix right now so easy to find. That should make it blindingly obvious that the changes have not gone down well.

2 hours ago, Heather Kavanagh said:

………

I have a large collection of 1940 subjects still to build, but the majority are not Airfix kits (I know this isn’t so much of an issue now) but as I tend to run work-in-progress threads on Britmodeller I don’t think it’s fair to simply cut and paste the same content here.

I am thinking about how I can post interesting stuff here. I don’t know what other members would like to see, so I will keep pondering on that.

Heather, I can understand not wanting to duplicate between sites, but it would be good to even see the finished article on here. 
I have been having problems accessing the pictures on BM, which means it’s very frustrating following a WIP there. 
Some of us also share an interest in 1940 (and earlier).

I need to do some photography, and then I’ll be working on a gallery entry or two.

Now things are a bit more open here, I’ll certainly post finished builds. Build topics might be better restricted to Airfix kits. There’s still a few to pile into, including a couple of classics.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i like the new layout and the galleries, its taken a bit of getting use to but im getting there now.

i use a laptop and mouse, the mouse has two extra buttons on it one is a forward button and the other is a backward button do the same thing as the arrows on the top left of my laptop, i use them all the time so are use to doing things this way on everything.

this is how i navigate the site and I've done some small part of the screen shots

first i get this and click on airfix

Screenshot_30-5-2024_184424_community.hornbyhobbies_com.thumb.jpeg.d69f73dbadbdda20649f7ecd61d63b3e.jpeg

it takes me to this and i click on forums

Screenshot_30-5-2024_18457_community.hornbyhobbies_com.jpeg.e664864fb73e9ae62c0e9e182580bdff.jpeg

that takes me to this i can see what has new content by the circle been dark red ( general discussion and aircraft) ones without new content are a dull red ( airfix forum)

Screenshot_30-5-2024_18291_community.hornbyhobbies_com.thumb.jpeg.5a7f80671378a0befb138d4c19d9e9f0.jpeg

i click on aircraft and can see the top three have have new content i haven't read (dark red stars)

i go into 1/48 hurricane - airfix 1979 and read that, i then come out of that by clicking my back button and it takes me back straight to this page and i can then just on the next one i haven't read Typhoon Ib and so on

Screenshot_30-5-2024_183054_community.hornbyhobbies_com.thumb.jpeg.33c237321804d4d9d5b2cf42aa238354.jpeg

if i click the back button whilst on the above page it takes me back to the page below and i can work down the page going in and out reading what I've missed 

Screenshot_30-5-2024_18291_community.hornbyhobbies_com.thumb.jpeg.5a7f80671378a0befb138d4c19d9e9f0.jpeg

if i go into a post with lots of pages and start at page one i would have to click the back button lots of times to get back out after reading all the pages so then i could just click on where the red arrow is pointing and that would take me back to the aircraft page or i could click where the blue arrow is pointing and that would take me back to airfix page the above picture 

Screenshot_30-5-2024_183345_community.hornbyhobbies.comarrows.thumb.jpeg.08d3f64075f252ae9afd9b661aee3c5b.jpeg

this is how i do it (and it might not work for anyone else) as its what I've been doing for years when i do general things on my computer such as moving pictures in and out folders that I've taken or documents and my mouse makes this easy to do its just a click with my thumb to do it.

Edited by paul71