Class 50 coupling socket stuck

Hey guys  
just been having problems with my hornby class 50 derailing on curves that aren’t even tight and have just discovered the reason is because the previous owner superglued the coupling socket in place so it can’t actually move and is obstructing the wheel bogies from moving when on a curve would anyone happen to know a solution for this don’t really wanna have to cut it off 

99F385EB-A822-4203-8698-CCA1DAB1AF51.png

The internet suggests acetone will soften dried superglue.

TEST IT FIRST, in an inconspicuous area, to make sure it won't damage anything.

Use a cotton bud, saturated in acetone (nail polish remover) and rub onto dried superglue (cryanoacrylate).  It will soften.  Rub material away.  

You can probably take it down to the plastic and clean it off completely.

Remember to test against the plastic and finishes first.

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee
Spell inconspicuous properly

I don't know if this will work but superglue doesn't seem to be too tolerant to shear movement, so sometimes you can chip it off. Have you tried gently wobbling the coupling slightly side to side, I know it is glued but sometimes the glue cracks off.

12 hours ago, ColinB said:

I don't know if this will work but superglue doesn't seem to be too tolerant to shear movement, so sometimes you can chip it off. Have you tried gently wobbling the coupling slightly side to side, I know it is glued but sometimes the glue cracks off.

Tried this but it won't budge and I really don't wanna try bend it to much and cause it to snap off

Further to @ColinB’s shear suggestion (if the chemicals prove unusable on plastic) you could try gripping the part that has been glued in a pair of pliers & gently rotating/twisting it.

Provided you have a firm enough purchase with the pliers & are gentle enough with rotation - the superglue should be the weakest shear point!