Aircraft Air & Ground Crew

now ive got my shelves sorted ive got these ideas of doing a diorama but cant make my mind up with which the figures to get, I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas and skill doing these.

OK, I'll start. Here are the newest ModelU figures, these are the WAAF ground crew. along with one of the flying nightingale's officer, I'm working on the other two in the set. 

thumbnail_IMG_2213.jpg

Randall

thumbnail_IMG_2214.jpg

Edited by SD45elect2000
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Peter Stiles said:

If I recall she did Land Rover repairs...

I’m coincidentally just reading Tessa Dunlop’s book “Army Girls” in which one of the players, Barbara Weatherill (née Crorken) recalls her time in the ATS with Princess Elizabeth. Barbara says they learnt to drive and work on

IMG_3860.thumb.jpeg.22c06d2a7d3019922f6812e998a9180b.jpeg

Bedford trucks, Austin’s and Austin K2 ambulances. 

I’m really enjoying the increasing availability of quality figures to add to our scale models bringing them more to life. A couple of years ago I built the Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance with the Princess Elizabeth decals but had to make do with a very iffy ATS figure to place behind the wheel.

IMG_3861.jpeg.b52ab8bbd3639184e73a15d2f2b16e1c.jpeg

I’m sure there are probably better versions available today. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tour de Airfix said:

A couple of years ago I built the Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance with the Princess Elizabeth decals but had to make do with a very iffy ATS figure to place behind the wheel.

Warlord Games did a 28mm model of Lizzie and vehicle a few years ago; not exactly a useful scale for railways.

• 3 weeks later...