Just think of the savings...

dBerriff

I know this is twisted logic but most days I get this offer or that offer for OO and N gauge models and now I can just ignore them all.Β πŸ˜‡

The slow drip of TT:120 models controls what seems to be a mostly masculine tendency to complete-ism. Well, that is what I tell myself. The shock of actually having to pay for a pre-order has brought on this line of thinking. Mrs dB quite likes the scale and so I can get away with "oh, it's only 3 small wagons" or "I ordered this months ago and I used lots of points". 🀫

• Like 1

I employ 'Twisted Logic' to great effect, mind you, I only have the cat to convince and 'meow' can be interpreted any way that suits. I've just ordered another 10 21T wagons, used the argument, for the cat, that went "Think of all those lovely extra wagons you can chase around the track," and for myself, "Think of all the money I'll save with all those 'Double Points' πŸ™ƒ." 😹...

I have found TT120 ideally sized as I can hide new boxes amongst either of the piles of N or OO and excitedly 'rediscover' a much searched for favourite.....worked a dream on the second 50 and extra 2fs. Currently living in fear however so next step, if looks like I will be rumbled, will be to promise to downsize the pile and offer dinner at a favourite restaurant from the 'declared' earnings. After that I'm in trouble, the class 50 is just too tempting and hovering on order no3 to rebrand as Exeter or maybe Warspite, argh perhaps I need 4.

Edited by Rustyjt
  • Haha 1

I would like an Easterner set as the most cost-effective way of getting an A4 and another three coaches to add to my Scotsman (and hopefully very soon now, my LMS Duchess of Atholl). There is no way I can pass off that box as a "re-discover". I think I will have to sell off some of my OO stock to ease my conscience.Β