Matching correct Loco with carriages?

photo 1 and 2 have me stumped, even with Google. Photos show both locomotives, green one and blue one, pulling Pullman Coaches. I have my photo from ebayand it shows the green loco with pullman coaches. That would seem to indicate that the blue loco has no coaches.

Blackmore Vale will probably run on a Heritage railway - all manner of different rolling stock can become available / preferred ...

It's always nice to have matching, period rolling stock, but this may not be available.

She could also have been participating in the just-post-grouping newly nationalised railway Trials ...

Al.

Golden Arrow train pack R2369 contains loco 34074 in SR malachite green with BRITISH RAILWAYS on the tender and Pullman cars Cecilia, Chloria and Niobe as you have illustrated earlier in the thread.

LNER A4 4500 was issued in 'Queen of Scots' train pack R3402 with Pullman cars Sheila, Thelma and No.77.   

When you've completed this exercise I hope you'll create some sort of stock list with the info detailing what goes together in each set and keep it up to date ready for when you have it all out again? 🙂 

I have my N gauge locos and stock inventoried on my PC (and a backup copy kept elsewhere).  Each item has a small photo, details of brand and model number, if it's part of a set, when and where bought and how much it cost.  Each model also has a tiny number label stuck underneath to tie it back to the inventory entry.  I'm up to almost 1400 items and that's just my European N gauge collection, it doesn't include certain souvenir items, my crate full of British N stuff, and other bits and pieces in other scales 🙂 

Edited by ntpntpntp
  • Thanks 1

On 13/08/2024 at 23:14, ntpntpntp said:

When you've completed this exercise I hope you'll create some sort of stock list with the info detailing what goes together in each set and keep it up to date ready for when you have it all out again? 🙂 

I have my N gauge locos and stock inventoried on my PC (and a backup copy kept elsewhere).  Each item has a small photo, details of brand and model number, if it's part of a set, when and where bought and how much it cost.  Each model also has a tiny number label stuck underneath to tie it back to the inventory entry.  I'm up to almost 1400 items and that's just my European N gauge collection, it doesn't include certain souvenir items, my crate full of British N stuff, and other bits and pieces in other scales 🙂 

Started inventory, photos and all.

• Like 2