Post your completed 1/72 aircraft here.

Lego is very handy, because why would you buy the set of stands you can get at airfix if you won't use half of them. Plus you can build a small diorama with out all the fuss. I highly recommend 👌👍 👏

• Like 1

I've recently had a bit of 1:72 scale fun with an Airfix Spitfire MkVc and Modelu figures. 

Here ground crew quickly apply D-Day invasion stripes to a Spitfire which tomorrow, 6th June 1944 will be engaged across the Normandy coast directing naval gunfire against stubborn enemy positions. 

Collage-34.thumb.jpg.573175dd660290624b3cc7501bcfc3dd.jpg

• Like 8

I like that the stripes are been painted and that you haven't just put the figures on an aircraft with all the stripes done it adds a lot more to it, i like it a lot TDA.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SD45elect2000 said:

I just got the same figure set, you beat me to it ! I haven’t decided though if I was going to do a Spitfire or a Typhoon.

Randall

They are a lovely set and having a Spitfire already in my stash I just had to have a go at recreating the scene. I look forward to seeing yours too 👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • Ratch changed the title to Post your completed 1/72 aircraft here.

Okay, here's one of mine - Airfix's starter set Hawk modded to a T.1A. I added (obviously) Sidewinders and an Aden cannon. I also scratched up the pylons, the missing strakes, nose gear bay doors, landing light and replaced the pitot. 

Paints are... Either Humbrol or Hataka, decals are from the Xtradecal Hawk sheet. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not my best build but it was a fun little project. alas the build is no more as I dropped a large book on it accidently (well, it fell off the shelf above my desk anyway). In some ways it was no big loss, as I wasn't really happy with it. I have several other Hawks in the stash anyway. 

Cheers! 

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Talking of starter sets - here's the recent F-35B kit, dressed up in 80's wrap-around camo and 617 sqn markings. 

spacer.png

A really nice kit if you get a chance to build one - blooming ugly aircraft though. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, modeling maniac said:

Love both the jets, but I think they would look better with gear up.

LOL! Thanks! 

Okay how's this, Airfix's Vintage Classic P-80C with the gear up! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Very nice AJ. Shame about the Hawk. I assume it was a Red Arrows boxing so I think your conversion is/was great.

Ian

Thanks Ian! 

Yes it was the same boxing as yours (which is awesome btw), there were just a few missing bits that I replaced/added. I really don't know why Airfix didn't add things like the strakes and nose light to the kit, it wouldn't have been hard or made the build any more complicated. 

Edited by A J Rimmer