Hornby Online Survey

Tim Allen

Well, I didn’t get a survey to fill out so not sure of the questions. But if asked I’d be asking about the lack of BR tops era rolling stock in the pipeline to top up shops. I’d be saying that I want tops era class 20, 25, 40, 45 and blue grey mk1 buffets, BG’s as well as the current ones in blue grey, and GUV’s.

I don’t use the general website that much as I can’t have TT shipped to me, and I have raised the anti monopoly issue with them about the wholesaler out here.

regarding the quality, I like what I’m seeing, the scale is good, and can we have the magnetic couplers that are with the mk2’s supplied with all coaches. They are great. 

but yes, my biggest gripe is lack of wagons and blue grey mk1’s. I can wait for the locos we know what’s coming, but not to have a steady supply of the TTA’s is most peculiar. They sold out in no time, so need replenishing

Excellent point on the magnetic couplers that came with the MK2s, I hope that they are tweaking them ever so slightly so they sit perfectly straight and then making huge bags of them! Perfect for most coaching stock that stays in rakes. 

2 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Excellent point on the magnetic couplers that came with the MK2s, I hope that they are tweaking them ever so slightly so they sit perfectly straight and then making huge bags of them! Perfect for most coaching stock that stays in rakes. 

If you fit them the right way up they do fit perfectly. They need to identify the top clearer for those who don’t know which way round a buckeye works

1 hour ago, 47606 Odin said:

If you fit them the right way up they do fit perfectly. They need to identify the top clearer for those who don’t know which way round a buckeye works

On the ones I had access to were out of alinment in both orientations, neither being perfectly straight as intended 

Edited by Rallymatt

@Skelton Junctioni have not filled  it  in  . a region of what counrty  are we then  SODOR i have been a member since the start of this but thats  bad to us welsh can you imagine if they did that to scotland it would be uproar in sodor thomas  would have to hide in henrys tunnel lol😄

Edited by happy tt
it made more sense
  • Haha 1

On 29/08/2024 at 22:35, Skelton Junction said:

I am still grumbling about the where do you live section offering Wales as a ‘region’ in the available choices, rather than the country it most definitely is. 

In the 50's and 60's Wales just came under the Western Region lol

We had the following with area coloured name boards etc.

Southern Region (green),

Midland Region (maroon)

Western Region (brown)

Eastern Region (dark blue)

North Easter Region (tangerine)

Scottish Region (light blue)

No mention of Welsh/Wales.

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1