What's your Favourite Era?

I've been going through my stash of late, sorting through the 120 or so kits I have and putting what I don't want on everyone's favourite online market place, with the intent of getting it back down to a more manageable 50-odd.  

Whilst I've been doing this I've noticed that basically everything I want to keep, with a few exceptions, is from WWII. Which I guess makes sense as it's been one of my preferred parts of history to read about, even though I don't generally build WWII aircraft, having mainly concentrated on jets.

I'm thinking that it might be nice to have an single era to concentrate on for a while. 

Just out of interest, what are your favourite eras - and what would you choose if you could only build from one?  

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captain.Glumbo said:

according to my sado spreadsheet

Nothing Sad about that Cap, It's awesome. Only wish I kept my catalogue up to date but thee was never as much data as that anyway

Ian

• Haha 1

I don't think I have a particularly favourite era, I just like what I like. From HMS Victory, through to Buccaneers (The aircraft 🙂)
For instance, I wouldn't model the Fairey Gannet as it just doesn't do it for me.

I guess the majority of builds are from WWII as there is such a plethora of subjects out there.

Ian 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2024 at 15:28, Captain.Glumbo said:

according to my sado spreadsheet Its WWII aricraft, closely followed by cold War aircraft 🙂 

image.thumb.png.5800910b1d78e476252e004a05162c77.png

LOL - That's awesome - I love that! You total Geek! 😄

• Haha 1

G'day All, WW2 ships for me, although I want to do a few more from WW1. At the time I got interested in warships (1969) WW2 had ended less that 25 years earlier (the Falklands war is now over 42 years, by contrast) plus my father was subscribing to a series of magazines about the war. Hence my interest in it, particularly the naval side of the war, which has continued ever since. (The interest, not the war. 😁)      Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2