BP Shell tanks

Silver Fox 17

7 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

There is, an A4

Screenshot_20240923_161956_Chrome.jpg

ahhh, didn't realise they did that. I guess Silver King will be doing both passenger and freight runs in future. Did they use the A1/A3 on freight too? I've had Blink Bonny pulling some coal wagons earlier.

42 minutes ago, GMD said:

Here's hoping these tankers have in fact sorted the running issues of the original versions. That would be a really good sign for quality standards

I hope so Greg, it did not take them long to sort out the Mk1 bogie issues and earlier this year they did mention the tanker issue and were looking into it in one of their videos.

12 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

the once proud mainline passenger locomotives were being used as freight haulers

Not strictly true, the LNER had fast express freight trains pulled by A4's and A3's.

In BR days the Scotch Goods and Aberdeen fish trains were always allocated pacific or a V2.

I don't know much about LM and SR but it certainly was not the case on the ER. 

One photo is LNER, the other BR pre 1957 while it still had a single chimney.

unnamed.jpg

338e6a36ec87824caa6994dc03d4dbf6.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Great photos Garry. Locomotives were put to use without the romantic niceties of today. People forget the top line freight services were more important than passenger services. An A4 on Scotch Goods was great business sense. 😁

Yes, all great photos. They are providing some good opportunities for research for the layout.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

Bring back the TTA tank wagons.  I need a few more TOTAL liveried ones to complete my rake!!!! 🙂 

I'm after the Green BP ones. Hopefully they'll do them in packs like they do for OO.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up. My pre-order is for both BP/Shell and Benzol so hopefully they will ship together although on checking my cc on line today, it looks like I have paid for 2 items and 2 postage when if they are in same shipment should be free postage as over £50. Great photos but let's hope Hornby don't decide that as we already have A1,A3 & A4 to haul our goods traffic that J50 and future small tank locos aren't needed! 

41 minutes ago, Stratman 47 said:

it looks like I have paid for 2 items and 2 postage when if they are in same shipment should be free postage as over £50.

If they do arrive in one package you can claim the postage back. I, and many others, have done so in the past.

30 minutes ago, GMD said:

Someone got theirs early and is already selling a buffer less (!) BP/Shell tanker on the famed online auction site.  

I noticed that, must have bought it from the shop. Hopefully the broken buffer is due to careless handling and not poor build quality.

• Like 1