elink without rail master

northbound

Pretty sure you won't be able to buy e-link on its own, only with Railmaster.

However you should be able to sell a " used" Elite for more than it will cost you to buy a combination Railmaster/e-link. Then you will still have a spare Railmaster to perhaps

sell to someone who has an Elite and doesn't want to go down the road of using e- link.

I bought into DCC for the first time in December and purchased an Elite. If I'd known Railmaster/e link was coming out at well under half the price of an Elite later

this year I might have waited.

You'll want to be able to sell your Elite for more than the cost of the 4Amp supply that comes with it as eLink only comes with the 1Amp, at least I think it does - the documentation is ambiguous on this, saying 1 in one place and 4 in another.

I understand that the e-link comes with a 1A supply. The 4A elite supply may be used instead of the supplied 1A unit.

I do suspect that elite re-sale prices might well be impacted by the release of the e-link.

I think that both products have

a market niche but the price difference seems very large to me.

thank you all for getting back to me, not sure what iam doing to do yet. iam so busy with son 6 weeks old and my girlfriend that doesnt give much time to do stuff the model railway, but i wanted to get something up and running in the couple years on large

scale for him to use but for now something small will do.

thank you all for getting back to me, not sure what iam doing to do yet. iam so busy with son 6 weeks old and my girlfriend that doesnt give much time to do stuff the model railway, but i wanted to get something up and running in the couple years on large

scale for him to use but for now something small will do.

Archived