2014?

Jeremiah

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and Lima released a 33 similarly turned out in black and orange too, plus some mark 2s in the same colour.

It isn't really making an 'Irish' model.

The blue box company did release the 'N' in CIE colours, and in theory the Stanier 2-6-4

and Fowler 2P and 3FT could both be released in an Irish colour scheme, with detail alterations, as there were equivalents built for the NCC.

• 2 weeks later...
Mallard.a4 said:

I think that they should remake models of a4 Pacifics that have been scraped
You can always, rename, and renumber. There are companies that will do it for you, if you are worried about doing it yourself. Now Silver

Link (Grey/Silver), or one in LNER (Apple Green).
Quite a few people have shown more than a passing interest, in an Apple Green version.

Renumbering and renaming existing models can be very easy. There are transfers and etched nameplates available from more than one supplier. The major pitfall, if you want to be accurate about it, is to make those detail differences that existed between

locomotives of the same class, so you need to do your research.

Hands up all those who buy locos for an investment?

Some years ago I decided to sell all my tender drive locos because they had been replaced with loco drive versions. I had re-named/numbered most of them. I took them to a shop in Kings Langley

and the owner gave me more for them than he would have done had they been in original condition, because he said that people buying second hand locos like things that are different.

I didn't argue.

• 3 weeks later...

More HST suggestions? I have:

Named British Rail Yellow & Blue power cars

British Rail InterCity Executive (yellow ends for power cars and “InterCity 125” branding in case you have no idea)

Great Western Trains “Merlin”

Midland Mainline Teal

Green (I mean the original Midland Mainline colour scheme)

First Great Western "Fag Packet"

Hewlett Packard white power cars 43148 and 43186

Also, what are your thoughts on HST trailers that are sold in packs of 2 or 3 coaches?

• 5 weeks later...

*Great British Train Series* - The Man Of Kent [circa 1960].

BR Rebuilt West Country Class [with headboard "The Man Of Kent"].

2 x BR Green MK1 Composite Coach.

1 x BR Green MK1 Brake Coach. [with destination boards "The Man Of Kent Charing

Cross - Margate"]

The Man Of Kent Coach Expansion Pack.

1 x BR Green MK1 Brake Coach. [with destination boards "The Man Of Kent Charing Cross - Margate"]

Me too!

krislous said:

1 x BR Green MK1 Brake Coach. [with

destination boards "The Man Of Kent Charing Cross - Margate"]

1 x BR Green MK1 Brake Coach. [with destination boards "The Man Of Kent Charing Cross - Margate"]

krislous said:

1 x BR Green MK1 Brake Coach. [with destination boards

"The Man Of Kent Charing Cross - Margate"]

Don't the "blue

box" company do a selection of BR Green Mk1 coaches?

• 1 month later...
LC&DR said:

We are now close to half way through 2013, and the new products are gradually coming through, I get regular updates from that lovely shop near Penny Lane.

So what shall we get in 2014?

We have had a big LNER tank

engine (L1), and GWR tank engines (42xx/72xx) lately, but nothing for the LMS although the big Stanier and Fowler tanks have been about for a while, so maybe the Fowler 2-6-2T mentioned above is not such a daft idea. But maybe it is time for a big Southern

one. One that does come to mind is the Maunsell 'W' 2-6-4T, and with a bit of 'Design Clever' it could Morph into a Metropolitan 'K' class too. Klling two birds with one stone.

An LB&SCR I3 4-4-2T might also add some Southern interest. This class was

popular in pre-War 'O' gauge and was a staple product of the old Leeds MC . I believe the Adams Radial has come up high in recent wish list polls too.

I still hold that the original Merchant Navy should be fairly easy for Hornby to make, using much

of the chassis tooling from the rebuild, and the LMS 'Turbomotive' for those who like 'one offs' using Princess parts. These would be in line with Hornby's obsession with big engines.

So it could be an interesting New Year to come.

Archived