2014?

Jeremiah

What I would like for 2014 is some of the items in the 2013 catalogue to arrive, both Hornby and the others. Upgrades please: Princess Royal with a realistic rear truck, BR green single chimney King, ex GWR 51XX 2-6-2T, B12, Hunt with rotary valve gear.

For totally new a K1 and/or a K4 eg The Great Marquess, a Q6 and a B16, Ex North British Glens, Thompson A2/2 and A2/3, Stanier 2-6-2T, Ex GWR 47XX, Saints, the original air smoothed Merchant Navy, BofB Winston Churchill BR green as preserved S15.

Realistic

Semaphore and colour light Signals, realistic electrically operated turntable. Ex GWR engine shed .

Sound at more affordable price.

We have been very well served by Hornby and their Railroad ranges are good for the starters, but for old rivet counters

wanting their annual dose of nostalgia like me.....keep up the good work Hornby!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add Railroad Mark 1s in Crimson & Cream, plus new or improved goods wagons - 21 ton Coal Hopper (not the ex Airfix one but the Tope with body restored to original height and hopper doors reinstated), bogie bolster E (tidied up Lima wagon), Plate wagon,

LMS coke hopper, LNER Iron Ore Hopper, Cartic 4 (the full version), FFA/FGA Freightliners (upgraded with an end version), improved HAA, improved BR Ferry van, and some European ferry vans in 4mm scale (NOT HO).

Ahh... I agree LC&DR. A nice selection of wagons. Finally a nice contribution of wagon suggestions. Hope Hornby are listening. As for the Mk1s I guess BR Blue and Grey and SR green would also be nice considering the fact that Hornby have released quite

a few Blue Class 50s and SR steam locos previously.

• 5 weeks later...

The cynics amongst us will predict the outstanding 2012 promises will be delivered by Christmas 2014 (if we are lucky) and then there will be so few in the container unless you have already placed a pre-order with a box shifter you will be unlucky.

As

Hornby seems to have fulfilled their quota of Southern models with the 2Bil and the P&P set for the next ten years I am not holding my breath, and am now looking to a place not too far from Leicester to put a smile on my chops! Radials, Birdcages and Atlantics

- wow! Never in my wildest dreams!!

We need some new 0-6-0 tender locos. I think the NBR C Class/LNER J36 would be a good choice, and possibly the 4-4-0 LNER D49 as well. I hope also we get the P2 2007 "Prince of Wales" seeing as Hornby have 2001 coming soon, and it wouldn't take much to

develop a model of 2007 using it as a base; all that needs to be done is put it with Tornado's tender, cartazzi and cab.

Hi Jeremiah

A 'cartazzi' is the type of axlebox fitted to LNER Pacifics and V2s.

Basically it is where the loco frames widen behind the coupled wheels to the full width of the firebox and cab and the carrying wheels are between the frames.

The axleboxes are incorporated into the frames so the wheels have axle entensions outside the wheel and into the axlebox. Principally they are used to allow the weight to be carried on the main loco frames.

Hope this is clear.

2014? I believe I read somewhere else that whatever Hornby announce would have been planned back in 2012?

Even given the supply problems attaching to the 2013 range, unforeseen in 2012, I am of the belief that there will be some surprises on the 16th

of December.

In the case of one steam Loco, The Merchant Navy in original form!

I believe Hornby may well have been surprised themselves with the N gauge, offering of the Class, from their competitors. Cad/Cam being a very versatile tool!

I need

not say that N gauge can be rescaled to 00 very rapidly.

This may prompt Hornby, as they have ahead start, to utilize all those already existent common parts from their other Bullied Pacific`s, to come up with an offering of their own.

If they don`t,

I am pretty sure those "rescaled 00" drawings WILL become a reality.

The other steam Locos could both be Bluebell motivated? An S15 and or Atlantic.

These are only wild guesses.

Whatever your modelling era, lets hope there`s something there for everyone.

Hi BB

To say a "West Country has slipped" is quite appropriate, don't you think??

bulleidboy said:

Hi Southern

There would be a lot of happy people should an original Merchant Navy arrive - and for 2014 arrive is

a very important word. I just noticed today that the "sound" West Country has slipped back to 2014.

LC&DR said:

The blue box company will not be releasing their 2014/2015 catalogue until July.

That's good news. There is a lot of moaning about Hornby's late deliveries, but the blue box Class E4 and Birdcage sets are still

not out yet - I also fancy the Ker*ow Class 02 with a Push/Pull Gate set.

I clearly remember watching light Pacifics backing a train of ECS (Empty Coaching Stock) out of Charing Cross platform 6 (with a 'H' or a Ivatt 2 on the front) and slipping violently as it did so. There was a continuous smoke trough over each platforms

5 & 6 and so the 'clag' was directed back down on to the top of the loco and all over the platform. The noise in the enclosed station was deafening.

ECS between Charing Cross and Rotherhithe Road frequently operated with a loco at either end. The mainline

loco scuttling off to 73B afterwards. There was no run round or turntable at Charing Cross and the number of pathways through Borough Market being limited by keeping the loco attached reduced the demand on pathways.

bulleidboy said:

Hi

PP

Most appropriate - I've never run my MN and WC with sound. Do you think wheel slip is one of the sound options?

BB, I've got a Hornby R2458 unrebuilt BoB Class 34078 "222 Squadron" fitted with Howes sound incorporating slipping wheels, although, of course, you can't actually see them slip. Unfortunately things haven't progressed that far yet, but watch this space.....

[reply]southern said:

Surprises on the 16th of December.

Could we see a Marsh H2 Atlantic announced?. Probably not, as the British 'blue box company',(as opposed to the Danish one)have announced it, but delivery not until 2015.

Then again

both went for the GWR shunters' truck and Hornby delivered first.

In the case of one steam Loco - a Merchant Navy in original form - I've been calling for it for years. The reason I suspect why Hornby have left it to last is that the front end casing

design kept changing as Bullied refined it. Take a look at pictures of 21C1 'Channel Packet' in 1941. There were 3 tender types as well, 5,000 gallon,5,100 gallon, and 6,000 gallon before the rebuilding started.

Personally I'd like a E5000 class 71

electric and the E6100 Class 74 rebuild, but that could come in a Danish blue box in about a year's time. They've only just revamped the their D6500 class 33/0 (Due about April 2014).

But before that let's have the blue grey 4VEP Class 421 EMU with

see through 1st class

compartment corridor windows please and the delayed third version of the Brighton Belle.

.. and Dear Santa a Bullied design 4-SUB 43xx/46xx/47xx series please.

Could we see a Maunsell buffet/cafeteria coach? (Original

and rebuilt.

Roll on the 16th!

Most of these are on my wish list too.

An E5000 is the most significant 'Modernisation Plan' non-steam BR locomotive not yet made in 4mm scale.

The Bulleid 'all steel' 4Sub/4EPB Suburban unit was ubiquitous south of the Thames from 1945 until

1980, and was the train that kept London going, bringing millions of commuters to work there every day. It shares many of the traction and underframe components with the 2Bil. The sole survivor is rusting away on an airfield near Coventry, a pitiful end for

such a faithful servant!

Now that the Danish company has announced a Metropolitan Bo-Bo electric, how about some proper underground stock too? The O/P/Q/R 1938 surface stock with the distinctive flared body would be my choice.

Southern_Loco

said:

[reply]southern said:

Surprises on the 16th of December.

Could we see a Marsh H2 Atlantic announced?. Probably not, as the British 'blue box company',(as opposed to the Danish one)have announced it, but delivery not until 2015.

Then

again both went for the GWR shunters' truck and Hornby delivered first.

In the case of one steam Loco - a Merchant Navy in original form - I've been calling for it for years. The reason I suspect why Hornby have left it to last is that the front end

casing design kept changing as Bullied refined it. Take a look at pictures of 21C1 'Channel Packet' in 1941. There were 3 tender types as well, 5,000 gallon,5,100 gallon, and 6,000 gallon before the rebuilding started.

Personally I'd like a E5000 class

71 electric and the E6100 Class 74 rebuild, but that could come in a Danish blue box in about a year's time. They've only just revamped the their D6500 class 33/0 (Due about April 2014).

But before that let's have the blue grey 4VEP Class 421 EMU with

see through 1st class

compartment corridor windows please and the delayed third version of the Brighton Belle.

.. and Dear Santa a Bullied design 4-SUB 43xx/46xx/47xx series please.

Could we see a Maunsell buffet/cafeteria coach? (Original

and rebuilt.

Roll on the 16th!

Graskie said:

BB, I've got a Hornby R2458 unrebuilt BoB Class 34078 "222 Squadron" fitted with Howes sound incorporating slipping wheels, although, of course, you can't actually see them slip. Unfortunately things haven't progressed that

far yet, but watch this space.....

222 Squadron is on my "second" wishlist - this is for items I don't need, but would like, then again I could say that about most of my collection. 222 has been fetching high prices on the auction site for new/unused

models.

Archived