Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Too d*mn true! However I shall be raiding my piggy bank to get myself covered. You know people say they are saving for a rainy day, well this is that day!

Graskie said:

They're expensive overheads, aren't they, LC - roofs? (or should

that be rooves?)

Would it help if I sent you an umbrella, c/o the NRM?

LC&DR said:

Too d*mn true! However I shall be raiding my piggy bank to get myself covered. You know people say they are saving for a rainy day, well this is that day!

Graskie

said:

They're expensive overheads, aren't they, LC - roofs? (or should that be rooves?)

The consistent part of the English Language!!

Hoof - Hooves

Roof - Roofs

Mouse - Mice

House - Houses

Still, the Aussies and the Americans speak a form of English so it can't be too bad (Sorry Fishy. Sorry to the North Americans

although we don't seem to have seen a lot of them lately)

Graskie said:

They're expensive overheads, aren't they, LC - roofs? (or should that be rooves?)

I was told last night that the Danish railways are considering using English as their operational language. This is because trains are being driven over their tracks by Swedish and German drivers who do not speak Danish, but a lot of them speak English.

There

is a parallel to this because the operating language of Eurotunnel is French, even in Folkestone! When I went for a job interview with them it was conducted entirely in French. Needless to say I did NOT get a position with Eurotunnel!

Postman

Prat said:

The consistent part of the English Language!!

Hoof - Hooves

Roof - Roofs

Mouse - Mice

House - Houses

Still, the Aussies and the Americans speak a form of English so it can't be too bad (Sorry Fishy. Sorry to the

North Americans although we don't seem to have seen a lot of them lately)

Graskie said: