Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Limited edition R3503 BR (NRM) 'Flying Scotsman' & Support Coach.

Arrived yesterday afternoon from Locomotion. I haven't had a chance to fully take it out of the box or run it yet, but in the box it looks very nice in it's gloss paint

After long last, I've finaly got my hands on three GWR Collett chocolate and cream corridor coaches - LH brake, LH composite and RH composite - and just in time as well, I bought the last stock of each in the shop! I must say they look absoloutley beautiful. Not had a chance to run them yet but I plan to have them pulled by Caerphilly Castle - I can't wait! 😆

The detail is superb and fully worth £39.99 each. Thanks once again Hornby for such magnificently detailed models!

Well, I've had a wee look at the Hornby sale at the "Hobby Shop Previously Known In Liverpool".  Over the past couple of months I've persuaded myself to acquire the following items ...

R3060 Class A1 4-6-2 60163 "Tornado" in British Railways Apple Green (Railroad Range)

R3171 Class P2 2-8-2 2001 'Cock O' The North' in LNER Green (Railroad range)

R3341A Class 2-HAL 2623 2 car EMU in BR blue

N8765 Car Service & Repair Garage - Lyddle End "Village & Town" range

R1177 Gloucester City Pullman Train Set with Class 8 4-6-2 71000 "Duke of Gloucester " in BR lined green with 3 Pullman coaches (2 x Parlour, 1 x Brake)

R3003 Class B17 4-6-0 61669 "Barnsley" in BR Green with late crest

Very happy with everything given the prices, although the shipping cost on the train set made the eyes water a little bit!  Also grabbed a couple of Farish locos recently, a Merchant Navy (New Zealand Line) and a Class 60.  All in all, probably need to put the card away for a spell but I'm not sure I'm done yet in that sale.

HK.

Two of the Blue Box companies southern PMV - I was actually after a CCT to replace my Dapol one which hates being coupled next to my Fruit Ds. Having seen the Blue CCTs I didn't notice the diffence until they arrived but that won't be a problem as you can only see the wagon sides in the photo of the train make up I am trying to replicate so they might be right after all!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just bought yet another Hornby Castle tender (that means I'll have two spare! However my intention for this one is a little more drastic than just a livery variation. As I have at least one spare set of wheels I intend to 3D print an eight wheeled chassis for it.

see: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/gallery/album_1667/med_gallery_2099_1667_318985.jpg

PS I also got some more DCC chips so more soldering to do, this time an Ivatt 2-6-2T a blue box team loco I picked up in the arcade in Hungerford lfor £40 last month.

Kneller Hall. /media/tinymce_upload/6dfb5bcfd064569314285467f8cdc4e7.JPG

Can you tell me if this is loco or tender driven. I still have quite a few Hall/Saint bits in a box somewhere and am always looking for bits to complete a loco. If loco driven I could look out for a body which would add to the choices I have for a restoration project. 

Gosh, WTD, I remember having that model way back.  Stupidly, I cannibalised the chassis to fit under the Airfix BoB kit, sticking boxpok overlays on the driving wheels etc.  Still got it somewhere, but have never replaced the Hall, perhaps it's time!

Ah, I thought it was more sophisticated than my version (the old version with the weird valve gear)  mine must have been a 1970/80s version.  I have only been to Kneller Hall once, despite living in Brentford for 11 years back in the 1960s/70s.  I guess it is still the RSMM, must visit again sometime

Just unwrapped a Ratio Fixed distant - been after one for ages. Although they still make the others this seems to have been dropped.

I bought a couple of the new Dapol working signals last week, both Southern, a short one on a lattice post and a taller rail built example. (Not cheap, but look very good) They are 'dead ringers' for the two signals at either end of my local station when I was a lad.  Now need to modify my layout plan to fit them in!!

Hi WTD

Where did you get the nameplates, cabside numbers & buffer beam number to convert your 'Helmingham Hall' to 'Kneller Hall', was it from Modelmaster & was it a tricky job?  I want to convert my 'Ketley Hall' to 'Dumbleton Hall' (4920).

Thanks, sbroger.

Modelmaster. Dead easy with GWR/WR you just stick them over the existing. I use UHU glue then you can remove them if necessary. It surprising how easy it is to make them crooked even after being extra careful.

As my locos are BR the number on the front of WR locos goes on the smokebox door but on GWR is painted on the buffer beam. Bit more work involved there I guess. 

If you're feeling a bit more adventurous you can remove the old nameplate and replace it. 

Fox are also extremely good. 

Just unwrapped a Ratio Fixed distant - been after one for ages. Although they still make the others this seems to have been dropped.

I bought a couple of the new Dapol working signals last week, both Southern, a short one on a lattice post and a taller rail built example. (Not cheap, but look very good) They are 'dead ringers' for the two signals at either end of my local station when I was a lad.  Now need to modify my layout plan to fit them in!!

Are they working OK? I'm tempted, but reviews on some other sites have not been as good as I would like. BB

Can you tell me if this is loco or tender driven. I still have quite a few Hall/Saint bits in a box somewhere and am always looking for bits to complete a loco. If loco driven I could look out for a body which would add to the choices I have for a restoration project. 

I don't think Hornby make tender drive locos any more. This is brand new from the Railroad Range. 

Although I've got a few Dapol signals to replace the ratio working signals I've yet to test mine. However, I needed a fixed distant to warn drivers comming off my colliery branch of the approching junction with the mainline.. Sadly ration do not seem to make the fixed distant any more and to the best of my knowlege Dapol never have.

Modelmaster. Dead easy with GWR/WR you just stick them over the existing. I use UHU glue then you can remove them if necessary. It surprising how easy it is to make them crooked even after being extra careful.

As my locos are BR the number on the front of WR locos goes on the smokebox door but on GWR is painted on the buffer beam. Bit more work involved there I guess. 

If you're feeling a bit more adventurous you can remove the old nameplate and replace it. 

Fox are also extremely good. 

I have to admit to prefering FOX as they paint the lower part of the plate GWR green and supply lining transfers for a little extra

Another R1184 Western Express Train Set so I can pull out the TTS module and fit it to my R3105 Castle 'Wellington 5075'.

It may not match the Clun Castle that passed through my hands but after the TTS cancellations (including a Castle) it will be close enough. The decision was made after an Aussie bought a heap of R1184 sets to fit into a diverse set of GWR locos (see the first of five recent entries in the Survey - Hornby please provide TTS Kits