Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Caiptean/Colin - A while back you mentioned you had been speaking to Kernows and they had tried to temp you into buying one of there 02 loco's. What I couldn't say at the time (a voluntary embargo requested by Kernows until 31/10/18), was, that if you had bought one when originally released, they were offfering a second one at a greatly reduced price - this was a version (black/late crest) that had not sold well - so that is why I bought a second one. I notice that one of the range is currently on offer at a £25 reduction on the normal price - so if your still tempted!  Barry/BB

THIS IS DEFINITELY IT !!!   😆

Last one before Hamilton arrives, probably early next year ... ...

/media/tinymce_upload/41e83d27afe7535a4d3bb742416fe732.jpg

Strange thing is, despite being described as 'NEW' and looking at everything, it genuinely is (wheel surfaces included), there's no detail / accessory pack.

I am in discussion with the vendor, but have located brass equivalents elsewhere ...

Al.

PS  Yes, I also purchased the chocolate and cream luggage car somewhere else.

Hornby R3615 Works Peckett ‘560’, lovely little model.  Is a little hesitant at the moment, but I don’t have a full track to run it uninterrupted.  Guess that does not assist running-in, so will have to build a temporary roundy-roundy to bed it in.  A relative is a (small) shareholder in one of the few Pecketts still around, showed him the model and he was mightily impressed with the detail.

Rod

If it is being advertised as new then the accessories pack should be present and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (replacing the Sale of Goods Act) should apply in respect of defects /missing parts etc. There is an expectation for the vendor to honor this if it was advertised as new then they are essentially acting as a trader.

When I've sold what are effectively new items I do not use the 'new' descriptor instead stating 'unused'. That way the liabilities under the Consumer Rights Act do not apply.  😉

Accessory pack for these do come up on ebay from time to time.....

Thanks to BB and Colin.

Beautiful locomotive - had an old synchrosmoke one way back when ...

I've got brass draincocks, steps and brake rods coming. Cost is minimal.

Absolutely NOTHING anywhere on the web.

Seller was selling on 'for his / her Uncle' so need to tread carefully - don't know the circumstances.

Al.

Hi Colin, that's precisely where I've gone to - got draincocks - not a Hornby fitment but could be fun!! - front steps and outside loco rigging coming.

I've asked RT how to fit the rigging - should be fun, but I'm guessing to cut small pieces of wire to slot into the Hornby shoes, then hook the rods onto the short wires ... wish me luck!!

I've already used their front steps before, on my Clan line - probably the most solid part of the locomotive!!

Engine crew busy setting their feet in the cab  - already added weight to the loco and tender, and given the gears a grease, and all bushings a touch of oil - motor included.

Al.

My latest aquisition arived today an Oxford Rail WD Dean Goods, DCC ready. It is now packed back in the bos and I am awaiting a return lable as the thing will not move. Odly the wheels will turn with a 9V battery applied to the tender wheels but not when applied to the loco.

I have no Idea what could be wrong with it so it is going back. I just hope the suppler finds the same fault.

If it is being advertised as new then the accessories pack should be present and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (replacing the Sale of Goods Act) should apply in respect of defects /missing parts etc. There is an expectation for the vendor to honor this if it was advertised as new then they are essentially acting as a trader.

When I've sold what are effectively new items I do not use the 'new' descriptor instead stating 'unused'. That way the liabilities under the Consumer Rights Act do not apply.  😉

Accessory pack for these do come up on ebay from time to time.....

Thanks to BB and Colin.

Beautiful locomotive - had an old synchrosmoke one way back when ...

I've got brass draincocks, steps and brake rods coming. Cost is minimal.

Adding to this, I'm negotiating an agreed part refund, so all appears OK - incomplete as I write ... 

Seems like I'm not the only one mentioning the same thing - not 'new' as details missing ... moving on.

I've fitted vacuum pipes - from an A4 pack I had actually - and removed the hook and replaced with links.

Now I've painted etched brass discs, and placed them in the 'Churchill V' and also added front lamps - all are held with 'black tack' so I can remove with minimal / no damage.

Missing lamp bracket - RHS - is as received - I can live with that - possibly.

Photos:

/media/tinymce_upload/6da1f89f44468f2fe134aa0fb6013aca.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/ac71923e786cbf93e00890c080c177ee.jpg

Al.

Hi Atom3624

Just a polite note to say the BOB / West Country Light Pacifics and Merchant Navy had electric lights fitted to both the Locomotive and Tenders and do not require oil lamps to be fitted or used. The two oil lamps you have fitted are not required.