Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I bought these from my neighbour yesterday. He had originally bought them in 1990 when a local model shop closed and they have been in his attic ever since. They have never been used. /media/tinymce_upload/e9659a85e98ee09ceeee95860adc809b.JPG

R382 - Duck

R852 - James

R383 - Gordon

R577 - City of Nottingham

Hattons/Heljan Beyer Garratt 2-6-0 0-6-2 47988 in BR black with early emblem and revolving coal bunker - lightly weathered, I had ordered this in 2018 and forgotten all about it!  Also realised I had ordered another loco at the same time, which thankfully, hasn't appeared yet.....phew!

Rod

Even though i've never been a fan and sold them in the past i bought 2 x R9296 Jame's Brake Coach and 2 x R9298 Gordon's Brake Coach as they were on sale at Rails of Sheffield and with them no longer being in production it seems a shame to have all the locos and then not have the official coaches.

I also purchased the Harry Potter R3803TTS Hogwarts Caslte as my eldest son has recently started reading Harry Potter. I've paired her with the Hornby BR Mk1 Coaches that came out a while ago that had lighting that did not quite light the whole carriage. R4716, R4715 and R4714. And i have to say i think they make a lovely set and more importantly my lad loved them. 

Only issue is he now wants Hogsmeade station. 

Hi GNR, i wasn't intending to buy the coaches but now I have it will just be the long game and any shows or model rail shops I visit i will keep my eyes open for the Composite Coaches. Over the years they have sold quite a few so there must be a fair few out there. 

These were not the items i mentioned in a previous thread. I did post a picture but with the admin issues it has never been approved.

I bought a R383 Gordon, R852 James and a R382 Duck. All from 1990, never been run all boxed. My neighbour bought some stock from a model shop that was closing in 1990 and has stored them in his loft ever since. They are all lovely with such bright colours. Gordons face is much lighter than my existing R383 UK or Chinese versions, not sure why. 

I also picked up a R577 City of Nottingham but being after Christmas i couldn't really afford any others he had.

I haven't decided what to do with them. My wife wants me to sell them as he gave me a great price, i was going to fit DCC decoders and use them but they are so nice i'm thinking about putting them in my loft for a few years !!!

Hi m_duck.  😀

I wanted the 2015 / 2016 made express coaches, to go with the newer locomotives, plus the coaches do have minor differences to the older releases.

Have fun finding the composite coaches!  😆  😉  😀

Those were good finds of unused examples of R.382 Duck, R.383 Gordon and R.852 James, made in Great Britain models. Hard to get in good conditoon now.

I'm not really interested in the Hornby Harry Potter products, but all buildings and platform needed to complete the Hogsmeade Station will cost a lot! None of them are particually priced well, een though they are resin and are from a licensed film series.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

@m_duck

Those look fantastic, now the image has finally been approved! Even better than what I was imaging them to be!  😆  😉  😀

Please could you post comparision images of them, along with the newer Chinese made models of Gordon, James and Duck, that you own? Thank you. 😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) 

Hi DRM, I have 60532 Blue Peter - lovely locomotive - particularly with the doors up and 'close coupled'.

(There's a coupling between loco / tender with 2 holes and a peg on the tender - using the closer coupled hole it looks great, but radius is somewhat restricted!)

Al.

Hi DRM, I have 60532 Blue Peter - lovely locomotive - particularly with the doors up and 'close coupled'.

(There's a coupling between loco / tender with 2 holes and a peg on the tender - using the closer coupled hole it looks great, but radius is somewhat restricted!)

Al.

Hi Al,

Yeah it would be a bit tight on first hole on radius 4.

I plan on getting Blue Peter sometime this year all being well.

Al.

Hi Al,

Yeah it would be a bit tight on first hole on radius 4.

I plan on getting Blue Peter sometime this year all being well.