Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Browsing around Chesterfield market, I found a pristine Hornby 905 Controller for under £10.   Although rather bulky and heavy I have find this model very pleasant to use and it puts out up to1.5 Amps, I believe. The reversing direction control is far nicer than on later Hornby controllers and there are the alternatives of Half or Full Wave. So very useful for running older locos drawing more power. Rather like a H&M Clipper but nicer to use. I am surprised Hornby did not sell a lot of these as I have not see many around. This is my second and will be used on a future extension to my latest DC  "dogbone" layout.

The 12:21 from Liverpool to Manchester. On Time. Seen thundering past Rainhill Church just prior to Skew Bidge.

/media/tinymce_upload/d6e61987ba7d3a29317a73a48af49a09.JPG

Hornby have now added the third class open carriage which I have already pre-ordered and will be joining the line a.s.a.p.

Arrived today ,the 'Hornby Dublo Train Set',lovely looking box and the contents arent bad either ,like a lot of my stuff it won't get used ,I've opened it ,had a peep ,put it back in the box ,,I was tempted for a few days and temptation won ,hoping to get the Rovex Train Set when it's released,,has anyone else purchased the Hornby Dublo set ?? .

I've been going on a bit of a spending spree lately. R313 Golden Eagle just arrived today, got it for ~$100 so really happy with that since I wanted an A4 in Apple Green. Next got 3 R4312 Pullmans to match an R4312 I got as a kid (don't want to spend too much on carriages). And coming soon I have 2 R4523 and 1 R4524 GWR carriages to match one I got at Christmas, an R3737 Mallard Era 4 because I really prefer that blue over the Era 3 version, Annie and Clarabel to go with a Thomas I've had for years and some track to create a Curve 4 loop around my Curve 3 and 2 loops. I ended up ditching the initial idea for a Curve 1 loop due to the forums suggestions. I think I better restrain myself for now but I'm happy with my choices. 

Glad you're happy with your purchases - Thomas will be happy now.

Always one of those things, there's always yet another locomotive which would look really nice in the collection, if I could just .... and before you know it ....  !!

As they say there's a fine line between a hobby and an obsession!

Al.

Is that your second then .... !!!!!!

How many, 25 and counting?   😎

Worse than I was with the A4's a couple of years back!

Al.

Your addition is correct Al - that will be twenty five, and the seller of todays purchase has just offered me a slight price reduction on another one! BB

Two Oxford rail Dean Goods for a very low price on eBay but to my horror neither work despite both being labelled new.

I had a BR verson that exhibited the same symptoms and managed to fix - one of the pickups was touching something it shouldn't and caused a short. But this was so much hassel I really do not feel like having a go at both these. I have therefore started the process of trying to return them as there was nothing in the description to say there was anything wrong.

More Neo magnets came today. So I continued my experiments with magnetic couplings.

So far - not good omens. Derailment of full length coaches on 3-4 Radius.  I think the Neos are just TOO strong.  Maybe Ferric magnets the answer.  I will press on but disappointed so far. Mmm.  ☹️- ☹️---- ☹️- ☹️

Mr. Hunt seems to have hit a nice compromise - small enough not to pull the carriages off.

I do see them 'flexing' just at the point of contact, but the magnetic pull is more than strong enough - that's not their Achilles' heel - it's the mounting into the NEM pockets, where selected.

(HST option has a different mounting with an Airfix-type clip over the coupling for retention.)

Al.

My latest new acquistion is a Bachmann class 117, just over a week in my possession, my latest of all are  rebuilt Clan Line, and also Lamport & Holt Line in the Royal Wessex train pack these were swopped for a Hornby Royal Scot "Old Contemptables" and an all green Bachmann class 37.