elite rotary control knobs

scotty27

I have 2 selects and an elite as a console unit, in a select/eliteV1.41/select formation and find it slightly annoying in having to press the control knobs on the elite when controlling 1 loco on each channel, is this an additional item on this version,

as I do not recall it on my old defunct version 1.3

@scotty@27

I think it was one of the changes made when upgrading to v1.41.

I upgraded my Elite to this version just after buying it so it has never seemed wrong to me but I think I remember other people on this forum mentioning it when they 'upgraded'.

The knob click was introduced in 1.4x.

There are +s and -s. the disadvantage is an extra key click. An advantage is that the key click shows you the selected loco, current speed and direction. Previously you needed to rotate the knob a bit to get

this info.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same set up.

I'm sure, although can't remember if I tried it in V1.41( it worked in V1.40) you don't need to press the control knob.

Well yes you do until you press the ACC button:-

When you first power up the Elite to swap

between the two control knobs you have to press them first.

If you press the ACC button then the loco button you can swap between control knob 1 and 2 just by turning them.

So the first press of the control knob to activate it is no longer required.

This

does reset back to how it should be when you turn the power on/off, but as soon as you press the ACC button that first knob press has gone.

Hope this is still the same in V1.41.

Cheers

Ian

scotty@27 said:

I

have 2 selects and an elite as a console unit, in a select/eliteV1.41/select formation and find it slightly annoying in having to press the control knobs on the elite when controlling 1 loco on each channel, is this an additional item on this version, as I

do not recall it on my old defunct version 1.3

Archived