Christmas is coming

chris c

I know that my daughters will ask what would you like and my reply will be vouchers

Every year i email " hattons "and ask them are they doing vouchers this year and always the same reply no sorry

So its back yet again to "on tracks"

When will

someone do a national voucher so i can spend it anywhere

The facetious answer is that the Royal Mint issue vouchers that can be used anywhere in denominations of £5, £10, £20, and £50! :-)

I know of one small dealer that still operates a 'Christmas Club' savings scheme. Parents pay so much a month into

him, and he records this on a little card, and come December he honours it and presents goods to the value shown on the card. He will operate this at other times too. When I retired last year my colleagues (bless them) put money on just such a card, and I

was able to buy another SEC 'C' with it.

Practically I cannot see that a universal voucher scheme for model railways is likely to appear unless the manufacturers get together to sponsor it. Book tokens have been going for decades, but were established

in much more enlightened times. Nowadays gift vouchers are very specific to a particular store chain (M&S, Next, Argos etc.) and are not transferrable.

Lets get this thread in to a festive mood!

Apart from vouchers, what do you hope to get from S. Claus?

I'll start.

There isn't anything 'new' on any of the main manufacturers lists to appear in time for Christmas that I want this year,

so I may have to be a book or some socks!

After Christmas an announcement that Hornby (or one of the others) will produce a SR D1/E1 4-4-0, or a U/U1 2-6-0 or a nice 4Sub electric train, might make up for it!

What is on your Christmas list.

You were slow! I can change a lock in 30 minutes and a baseboard only takes a day if you work at it!

Postman Prat said:

Hi WTD

I know what you mean. Even when he went to university it was just down the road at Portsmouth.

He popped home every 2-3 days to make sure the locks hadn't been changed, or that a baseboard hadn't appeared in his bedroom!

Maybe you've had more practice than I've had!! He has his uses - he does a lot of the ironing and cooking, he even did some decorating while I was away, although that was a mixed blessing!!!

LC&DR said:

You were slow! I can change

a lock in 30 minutes and a baseboard only takes a day if you work at it!

Postman Prat said:

Hi WTD

I know what you mean. Even when he went to university it was just down the road at Portsmouth. He popped home every 2-3 days to make

sure the locks hadn't been changed, or that a baseboard hadn't appeared in his bedroom!

Archived