A little present for Christmas

Bulleidboy

I've been using that site for years now and, after thousands of transactions, have only had a few problems which were all resolved to both parties' satisfaction. I mainly buy and sell model railway catalogues, plus model railway items. When I put up a

replaced loco I at least get a bit more than I would have done from a model shop or toy fair, which is understandable because they have to make a profit for it to be worthwhile. I would never go for older model railway items because I don't want them, but

I can imagine there could well be problems with some of them, simply because previous usage and current condition is generally perhaps unknown. Don't forget as well that that site takes 10% of not only the winning bid, but more recently on postage!

The son of Triangman said:

The expensive guy on that site also has a mint sealed britannia on there for £16,000 quid.

I had better start putting some mint sealed locos on!

I would hate to be paying his listing fees,

I don't know how it works but they sell vehicles on there but it can't be cheap.

It will cost him a mint!

This only goes to confirm my view that 'that auction site' is the abode of mad men. It seems to me that anyone who wants to pay £16,000 for a model railway locomotive originally sold for less than £50 is in serious need of psychiatric help.

If you have set off to the bank to get a loan for this train, don't bother.

UPDATE;

VERY RARE SEALED MINT BOXED TRIANG HORNBY R553 - NEILSON CALEDONIAN 4-2-2 SINGLE

Was: £16,800.00 Now: £158.00

Postage: Free

It's nearly Christmas

friends, obviously to many '0 0's' I mean Ho Ho Ho's

I think I will stick with my trains, what gauge was it? 0 0

Archived