46170 British Legion

CliffBall

I have already suggested something Scottish for 2014 which was met with differing responses! However I return to the theme of the Centenary of the commencement of the Great War; Hornby could quite easily produce the unique Royal Scot 46170 'British Legion'.

All that is required is a moulding to reproduce the steampipe cover. The rest of the model is already produced in the rebuilt Patriot and Royal Scot locos!! No that would be something special!!

Isn't that to concept behind 'design clever' the ability to modify existing models cheaply to extend choice?

CliffBall said:

I have already suggested something Scottish for 2014 which was met with differing responses! However I return

to the theme of the Centenary of the commencement of the Great War; Hornby could quite easily produce the unique Royal Scot 46170 'British Legion'. All that is required is a moulding to reproduce the steampipe cover. The rest of the model is already produced

in the rebuilt Patriot and Royal Scot locos!! No that would be something special!!

before I replay to this post I would like to apologies for my outburst a few months back AM VERY SORRY!.

better bow

the British legion is not that straight forward the boiler is a NO 2 boiler not a NO 2A or (2B rebuilt jubilees) its longer

the smoke box is shorter the top feed is in the wrong place the 3rd ring is also needs moving the frames extinctions are different from both the rebuild scot/pats plus the steam pipes had two version's I have built one but have been redoing it again. it is

a lovely loco. and the more I do on it the more it looks better then the normal rebuilds.

Archived