Looking ahead - Loco detection in RailMaster

PJ, do a search on detection to see recent discussion right here. Including my thread from earlier this week.

Then look it up in the 1.55 manual, put a detector onto your schematic somewhere and look at the programming options you have. Also look

at the Detection tab in RM Setup window.

Fishmanoz said:

PJ, take a look at https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-railmaster/5103/?page=1#post63370 for what HRMS had to say back in August.

Thanks for the link to the thread above Fishy. Although Hornby

gave the reply over 4 months ago, it is encouraging that Hornby are excited about this, probably as excited as we are, our problem is we are impatient. The fact they are excited about it tells us they will make it available as soon as they can.

This

new feature will open many new doors for us and should be very profitable for Hornby.

I think you are being a little pessimistic in this and the other thread RPJA. But we shall see whether you are right in time. Given there is already supporting software elements in RM though, I would say they are already testing at least prototype hardware.

@Fishmanoz

I agree with you. In the other thread there is a link to what looks like a copy of the original Hornby text but I have (so far) been unable to find a section about detection in the actual Hornby announcement.

From what I have read they are working on it and won't release it until they get it right.

What would be the point of announcing anything about it in the 2014 releases. What would they say?

'Were getting there and hope to release it soon'. 'It's

coming along and might be available next month or maybe six months'

As soon as they give any indication of a month you'll all be complaining if it's a week late.

It'll arrive when it arrives. Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned anything about it

until it was ready to release.

walkingthedog said:

From what I have read they are working on it and won't release it until they get it right.
What would be the point of announcing anything about it in the 2014 releases. What would they say?
'Were getting there and

hope to release it soon'. 'It's coming along and might be available next month or maybe six months'
As soon as they give any indication of a month you'll all be complaining if it's a week late.

It'll arrive when it arrives. Maybe they shouldn't

have mentioned anything about it until it was ready to release.

I think Hornby like many other business are starting to be cautious when giving dates for release of new products. China cannot cope with worldwide repeat orders let alone new orders

but, with this there is a little more. Hornby as they say... want to get it right.

I am encouraged, although their statement was four months ago they are as excited about this product as we are. Unless they are happy with the product and unless it is

in production I doubt if they will have any news for us.

It doesn't stop us hoping though.

Archived