Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

/media/tinymce_upload/0260a5fc090a7d0223879d2709146fea.jpg One of my signal boxes (actually the only one I've managed to build as yet!). Made from a hornby R421 GWR signsl box kit but with a new roof (I didn't think the original had a steep enough pitch) and nw interior. The vents and Stove pipe were plastic parts from the Prototype Models card kit. The lever frame and other details were a Wills signal box interior. The name plate was from a coopercraft any name kit.The name Parc Ddu is Welsh for Black Park (I hope!)

Although most of my layout based on Chirk, this "northern" end probably bears no resemblance to the real Black Park so I thought a translation of the name might be more suitable. However I would be interested in knowing wgat the real Black Park box (north of Chirk) looked like

The lamp hut is a repainted brown Scaledale item.

While it is Summer I thought to bodge up an extra layout in my slightly tumbledown garage. No scenery or anything, just two 14ft circuits - one of them will be elevated at one end - to run locos on. Will probably dismantle it when the weather gets more damp./media/tinymce_upload/96f5de79bcc4ea3ba9454f05b76ec8a1.JPG

I have included another 6 images in the Gallery Link below.

Better images of lighting with more detail 

Preparations for station car park and cars plus views towards the Railway Inn and the opposit way towards Lakeside Station (more work going on here)

The image is across the interchange showing part of the cluster of points and double slip

Lights here next I think, different ones to Botton-le-Dale station.

Back to work....  😎

You have a lot of space to play with Jimbopuff 

Fantastic, look forward to more pictures aas you progress.

Would you really need to dismantle when weather gets damp, can you not cover it to protect it?

Thanks PJ.  I am having so much trouble cutting and joining the the sections of old, semi-old, new, nonflex and semiflex that I have decided to leave the track in place during winter and cover up as you suggest. (Lesson learnt: if you are going to buy second-hand track, make sure it is either new or nearly new !!  Or dipense with the family "Swear Box". 🤐)   Getting there eventually.

and an early start to my layout by starting adding some scenery detail,lets see how this post goes/media/tinymce_upload/8ca45ca1846656cd8df4e78423e5269f.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/8550a371c0dfe75f19c0c17b91bc1526.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/c2414b13f669cdc2125f5473eecf6eec.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/d9adbcd2d3dbb1e36012f4dd64183311.JPG

@stevescan

Really great shots, nice 70s atmosphere, although with a quick change of road vehicle and porta cabin you could probably run anything from 1940s to the early 90s if you wanted

I notice you have a similar problem to me in that how do you stop that gap showing beteen the baseboard and base of the building if you dont want to glue them down. My solution was to put selotape around rhe base of the building and lay the surfacing up to it then break it out when dry but that can be a bit hit and miss. Alternatively make the adjacent road/footway out of thin balsa on top of the board and use the buiding as a template to trim it to fit.

Still a really lovely layout though

Hi Stevescan

On my last layout I used Metcalfe's Models coping strips, I placedthe building where I wanted it then stuck the coping strips along the bottom of the buildings cutting where necessary to match irregularities, making sure that the top edge matched the brickwork but the bottom edge matched where it came in contact with the layout.

There is always ways round these niggles.   😉