Elite will not connect to pc

Traincliff

Hi all.

I have an Elite controller. Just over a week ago I updated firmware successfully. I connected it via a laptop with Railmaster and all was okay. However I have now found that it will no longer connect to a computer. I have tried 3 computers and

2 usb lleads all to no avail. I have carried out factory reset several times and.again no joy. I have emailed Hornby and curretly await a reply.

Does anyone have any other advice?

Cliff

I'm assuming you know the update was successful because it tells you it is at v1.41 when it first turns on?

Have you double-checked that the comm port which you have set in Rm am Setup is still the same one that is showing against the driver in

Windows Device Manager? Also, if using Windows 7 or 8, is it using the Windows driver and not one supplied with RM.

If you are having trouble with anything I've said apart from the successful firmware update, it is all described in the RM manual.

Hi again. Thanks for replying.

It was working on Railmaster but it will not connect to any computer now. Yes it was working on 1.41. It is just as though the Elite's socket has died. It has been tried with 2 known good leads and with 3 working

laptops, 2 on Windows 7 and 1 on XP. Hopefully HCC will get back to me in a day or 2 with some guidance on what to do next.

Cliff

Fishmanoz said:

Sounds very like your Elite is faulty. Will it run a loco on its own?

Hi again,
Thanks for your help Fishmanoz. When it first went wrong at my friend's house last week it would still run a loco by itself.

Unfortunately my own layout is currently buried in store following a recent house move so I have not been able to try it at home but I think the answer is yes as it did last week.

I am pleased to say I have had a response from HCC today and as result

I will be sending the unit to Margate for them to hopefully sort it for me. It is well out of warranty so I will be expecting any repairs to be chargeable.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Cliff

Hi all,

I said I would keep this thread updated. In fact I have nothing to add yet. I sent the Elite off last Wednesday and I know it arrived in Margate as it was signed for. I guess they have plenty of repairs and each waits in a queue to be looked

at. Once again I will update when I have news.

Cliff

• 1 month later...
traincliff said:

Hi all,
I said I would keep this thread updated. In fact I have nothing to add yet. I sent the Elite off last Wednesday and I know it arrived in Margate as it was signed for. I guess they have plenty of repairs and each

waits in a queue to be looked at. Once again I will update when I have news.

Cliff

Hi all,

About a week ago my Elite was returned to me and after all this time it had not been repaired. Hornby have sent me a 20% discount voucher which can be used when I next order direct online. This is disappointing really because although well

out of warranty I had expected a chargeable repair to be available especially after such a long wait. It still works as a controller but is no good to me as a Railmaster user. I shall remain a loyal Hornby customer but I am disappointed especially when I read

on this forum so much praise of Hornby customer care. Never mind it is the commercial world we live in today.

Cliff

traincliff said:
About a week ago my Elite was returned to me and after all this time it had not been repaired.

That is disappointing.
Was your Elite returned as 'No fault found'?

RDS said:

That is disappointing.
Was your Elite returned as 'No fault found'?
m

No. It said that a repair was uneconomic due to the unit being out of warranty. Externally it is pristine and does not look as though the

casing has been opened. H C C advised me to return it to them and I sent it Special Delivery because of its value .That cost me £8.
would certainly have expected it to have lasted a bit longer anyway. As I have already said I will remain loyalto Hornby

but disappointed.
Cliff

Archived