hornby A4 sparrow Hawk , locksound V4, mallard, dcc

Yelrow

MM, thanks, its a hell of a difference in price. Do we know why, graskie in a previous post thought £230, was good. I could not find it in hattons, or on line. Are they in different boxes, or just reduced. john

John. Sorry, I don't think I commented on this because it is not my model railway era. However, I've just looked at several sites showing £260 for R2991XS 60018 "Sparrow Hawk" which was only released by Hornby for one year in 2011. On that basis I suppose

£230 might be as near as you get. Have a look at: http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=3923

Graskie, hi, if you read your post on 21/06/2013, 317 days ago, you will find your comments. Thats where i found them when i searched for sparrowhawk. I cant understand difference in price, but it looks as though this is 2011. Engine is Mallard, blue,

with locksound V 4. Have not bought it yet, as he still haggling on price, thanks, john

Yes, you're right, John. I'm afraid I never know what I've said, particularly that long ago in recent time.

Apparently I said, "There's a "Sparrow Hawk" with sound going for £132 at the moment after 6 bids, ending this Sunday at 4pm, on the famous

auction site. £225 would not be too bad a price, however, for the one you've seen. It's in this year's Hornby catalogue and presumably the Hornby sound would be similar to my Hornby A4 "Sir Ronald Matthews", which I find perfectly OK, especially the chime

whistle."

In the circumstances I would still more or less stick to that. I would never really expect to pay even that for most new tender locos with sound. However, if 60018 was only available from Hornby for one year, that could support a slightly

higher amount demanded now, because of its relative rarity.

Best of luck with it anyway.

Ok, I'm confused. Is the loco you're looking at the BR blue Sparrow Hawk with factory fitted sound or is it Mallard? If it's Mallard stuff someone fit the Sparrow Hawk sound chip in it? RRP for Sparrow Hawk was certainly up there as asking around £260

and right now depending on condition second hand locos seem to be commanding pretty high prices but I wouldn't think full MSRP. If it's a Mallard then is it a super detail model, railroad our an older version? Then find a price for that and add between £95

and £120 depending on who's sound chip it has. Then of course if it was a retro fit how good was the job?

Cooped, hi, this is an A4 Sparrow Hawk, with Locksound V4, brand new in box, un used. Reason for slight confusion, is that it looks and is shaped like a mallard, and was advertised as A4 Mallard, sparrow hawk, but engine is named Sparrow Hawk. Does that

make any sense. However the price makes sense, as it is for sale for £103, as owner, not continuing with original project. Have only seen a photo, but worth a punt, john

I must admit, yelrow, I did wonder whether the seller was referring to a Mallard rather than A4 class, simply because Mallard is, of course, the best known of the A4s. Sounds good to me. Go for it, but perhaps ask just a few questions first, which you

have probably already done.

Archived