1.56 findings

gilbo2

Ran into my first issue when operating functions.

Using 1.56 there now seems to be a delay between pressing the RailMaster grey function keys and it actually operating, eg lights f1. Delay does seem to change from a few ms to a second or more. This is a particular issue for my Loksound 4 decoders which have a tendancy to miss sound function requests altogther, eg horn. A standard R8249 has the same delay issues though.

Any ideas?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No changes have been made to the processing of loco function buttons in RailMaster 1.56.  The delay sounds like it could be a communications issue between your PC and DCC controller.  Have you also tried response times for loco speeds, shunting, cruise, stop etc?

We have just tested a couple of sound locos and the functions respond nicely.

Nexus 7" no longer seems to support Zoom function, despite every effort (re-boots, etc). It is almost as screen is in two parts, active and passive - do I now have to toggle between them, and if so how?

Loco selection works, but name of selected loco now obsures first row of function buttons, making it tricky to activate them.

Handheld app is 1.20 (as expected) and Railmaster is 1.56. I do like the new skin. All locos defaulted to Reverse but setting tickbox in Railmaster fixed that. I looked in Railmaster.ini but couldn't see an obvious setting for Zoom on/off. I changed plan from mine to a basic sample but still no joy. When I try to zoom, track plan jumps about  1mm but refuses to zoom in. Almost impossible to switch points etc.

+Shows point/signal IDs at all zoom scales on main operating track plan

Where you have points where the green button is on the left and the red button is on the right, at zoom level 75% or 50%, the point id obscures the red button so that you can't see it or press it! These are those points where the single track is nearest the top of the screen and the two branches are nearest the bottom of the screen i.e. like a Y which is upside down.

I'm going to have to move a few signals around also, because their Id's can obscure nearby point buttons at 50/75% also.

Ray

At the mo I have a tes track and and have not much in the way of decoders added yet as my layout is under design and nearly ready to build.

Having said that I experience no delays at all when throwing switches for points and no delays on loco lights either. I use an Acer V5 laptop with Win 8.1 (uuurrgghh - hate it) and no screen resolution issues either.

Just adjusted CV29 on a loco (a couple of times) and I always "read" the current value before putting in the new one. After the read completes the window jumps "up" to it's opening position showing CV's 1 - 20 ish. Not a big thing. R-

We will incorporate this in the next maintenance update.  It is a relatively straightforward thing to do but has not been brought to our attention before.  To clarify, if you have scrolled down the CVs window and then read settings (or write), RailMaster will remember the position and not start from the top row of the list again.

Minor glitch - if you have a screen less that 1024 pixels across (in my case 800 x 600 netbook) then if you edit a program you can't save it because the tick and cross icons in the bottom left are of the window not displayed - this was not the case in 1.55 - I can get around it because I can force the display into 1024x768 but I have to scroll the screen so a bit inconvenient.

IdleMarvel, you really shouldn't be running RailMaster on an 800x600 netbook.  That must be a very old machine - and probably underpowered too.

RailMaster requires at least 1024x768, which in itself is very old and resolutions of all screens today are much higher than that.

You may should invest in a machine with a higher resolution and can pick up a second hand notebook with at least a 1024x768 resolution for as little as £40-£50 on auction sites.

Archived