1.56 - What do you think about it?

While I ask that question I don't particulary envisage any issues being put in this thread seeking resolution... I ask for your early impressions so do list your good and bad(?) points so far.

Is it what you were looking for?

Is there anything that grabs your attention more than than you thought it would?

Don't list things you would like to see if it ain't there... comment on those that are there and how good you think their implementation is...

My layout is not ready to run and test these features apart from a test track so I am not the best one to put points forward as yet. Maybe from your comments I might find something interesting I may miss ordinarily.

Thanks in advance guys... I know you need time to play with the new features etc so I will not expect super quick replies... :-)

I do like the new default interface though... it is basically still the same but the metallic look is far better and the colours for the text is about right as what stands out is the main text (white for loco name etc) and the blue for incidental (but important) text is just nice.

So far so good. It all works as before and my iPad also updated very quickly and logged onto RM (faster than before it seemed, but maybe just late at night, and I fell asleep). Not sure about the Metal screen display, maybe it will grow on me. Just waiting for Pro pack code now. R-

Just had the update down this afternoon, and everything does seem to load and run a lot smoother.
Only noticible minor irritation, was a slight delay when operating loco's. From clicking the stop button to actually stopping takes about a second to complete..
Now I know it's not a problem, but it was noticable to begin with.
Found the "Metal" screen not that clear, with some writing difficult to pick out on the dark background, but like the "sunset "one.

Only used it for 30 or so minutes whilst wiring up another section of the layout, and getting everything running smoothly, and must say, it does appear to have been worth waiting for.

So far the reports coming in on here and other posts are mostly positive with only minor glitches that seem to get sorted pretty much immediately. One update is already in the offing as I gather from another thread.

Like you guys I have not had much time to test this update but I do find it faster to respond, like the interface and loco's respond accordingly. Functions for lights respond straight away and while testing I believe the controls (sliders) on the software are better in terms of control. I hang back on that one slightly though as it just 'seems' better. My layout is not up and running apart from a test track so I am having to wait for a fuller run through.

Not tried everything, but there is a noticable delay when using the slider, stop, forward & reverse buttons. Not there with 1.55.

Nothing terrible, but it was noticable.. Might be able to dial it out altering CV settings perhaps. 

Only running one engine just to test a newly wired section of track and points, but hope to spend some time this weekend running several loco's, so will see more.

Certainly loads faster, and the dcc controlled points all working like a dream. 

So no real complaints.

Hi dg, that seems like 2 of you reporting the delay in loco operations then?

Something for HRMS to resolve?

I've downloaded the update and bought the Pro Pack but have yet to have the opportunity to use it as my track is stored just now. I like what I've seen so far though. There would seem to be an issue with VAT outside the EU on the price but I will take that up directly. 

To reply properly is tricky. Yes, there seems to be more of what we want but I just cannot get to it as myy pro-pack code won't go in either at start up or in settings.

It is sad that you have all worked hard to produce a product that has little resource behind it and your support is not much better. Tonight you are blamingh my internet connection (152MB) and my security settings (I am an IT Security Consultant) and only the administrator can access the drive rubbish. My machine for this is dedicated so there is only an administrator. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Hold on! The latest news is that I must have downloaded incorrectly...but Hornby sent it to me in an email.

I run a large gsrden railway (300 metres+) wirth a fleet of 38 locomotives. I should be the ideal test for you but how can I test and evaluate what I cannot access?

I will test to destruction for you...I just need it to work.

My ProPack code wouldn't go in either until I turned my virus protection off, then no problem. Now I actually have RM listed as an exception, something not needed previously for everything to activate and work. But not an RM change, a virus protection change. 

I had no installation problems (haven't got the pro-pack yet) and all seems good. Whoever came up with idea of including a CV29 pop up table when you double click on the value deserves a medal! This has enabled me to fix 3 locos that had decided to run backwards apparently by themselves, caused I think by inadvertent "writes" to cv29 whilst making other CV changes. That alone makes it a winner for me!

Archived