What is a High Quality Headset Microphone

RDS

At the risk of this being 'deaded' for advertising I find 7 Day Shop has a good range of wireless headset/mics. Take a look at heir stuff.

I've used voice control before to control trains and can't agree with HRMS enough that you must go through the full Microsoft voice training routine, especially if you then change situations where the accoustics are significanltly different, else reliable control will not be there.

rob

I have learnt in the past few days to do your training with some locos running so you have some background noise .The more training you do the better the reliability but still can't get it to recognise the word stop so say speed 0 instead

RailMaster does interpret Stop on it's on when a loco is in motion and will take the decision to stop the loco rather than perform a "Stop all".  

Having said that, if you are using Windows 7 or 8 it does tend to intercept the stop loco, as opposed to Windows XP, which is more reliable in this respect.

We are therefore building in a "Stop loco" and "loco stop" commands to help with this and this and this will be available as an update in the next day or two.

I can't see Hornby getting involved there are plenty on the market and there would probably not be enough margin in it for them. They could no doubt consider getting them from China that would give them the margin but, I think they will say they have enough on their plate and aim to improve supplies and maintain what they already do.

You guys are tempting me to try voice control ;-)

I couldn't see the reason to talk over my sound loco's but it does seem it could be fun. My problem is I am very deaf so avoid these types of things, I could hear me talking but may not hear the reply. Bit like when I am talking with the wife ;-)

Talking of which, and reading the above, you say... 'miss-hears some words' my problem could be mrs-hears some words. LOL

Archived