Voice Control

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

el cheapo from Maplins,, still wired at the mo but will get interesting with a wireless headset as it means i can control all anywhere almost instant well impressed so far but still early days 

Only really used the voice control so far can't yet comment on the other upgrades 

Still a bit pricey but it certainly adds the enjoyment, So far i've found that loco's seem easier to control by voice and most things seem to run smoother? 

Dodge

I took delivery of my Geoteck EX05 Wireless Multi Format Headset  today. I have installed Microsoft Speech Recognition software using the link provided by RM. I have been through several voice training sessions. It seems to work fine outside of RM. I have been able to dictate text into Notepad, for example. In RM I have been through my loco roster and given a voice control name to each locomotive. However, when I click the microphone button, the messages I get in the top half of the Voice Control window are:

Building dictionary for current loco roster
Loading Voice Control system
Couldn't load voice dictionary
Cannot Start Voice Control system

Before I send in a help request through the system, (a) has anyone else had these messages or (b) can anyone suggest any step I might have missed out.

Ray

You will need to send a Help Request on this one as there are many reasons why Voice control may not start, usually caused by an anomally on your track plan or roster of locos.

The first thing before sending a Help Request is to download and install from the latest setup file at www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe (even if you think you recently did it, you still need to do it).  If RailMaster still won't start Voice Control you need to get in contact with us so that we can log into your PC to find out what is preventing it from starting.

The Loco stop command is understood by RailMaster and the words 'Loco Stop' are displayed in the Voice Control pop-up window.

However, it does not cause the current loco to stop.  The best way I have found was something mentioned by another member, which is Speed Zero.  This works everytime.

I do realise that I am probably quite fortunate to get anything to work because I am currently only using a very cheap desktop microphone but the results even with this are very good.  Well done Hornby.

Just got headset, done training and started to use it. Realised that I also need training. I do have some diffiuclty with "STOP". Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes all locos stop and sometimes RM stops and I get back to the tile screen. Have just found RDS's tip about Speed Zero - so wil try that, after a G&T! Lots to learn it seems!! R-

Roger

I am able to use either the name of the Loco, or if I felt that the name I had used was too long, I have entered a shorter name in the field shown as 'Voice Control command' in the Loco set-up window.

I have not used speech marks.

Hi Ken,

They did the same for me. They had it working in about 15 minutes. But now, I've had to log a problem I have. I can select a loco, no problem. If it is a sound and/or lights loco, I can operate the sounds and lights ok. I thought all I had to do then was say "Speed 20" and off it would go. When I do this, I get an acknowledgment beep in the headphones, and the regulator bar on the loco's control block reflects the speed 20, but the loco won't move (and thsi applies to every one of my dozen or so loco's). But if I then say "Forward" or "Reverse", that word then appears in the voice control window, I get anothyer acknowledgment beep in the headphones, and the loco starts to move.

Is this the way it works for everyone else, or should it react immediately to "Speed 30" or "Speed zero"?

Ray

Archived