1.56 didn't work for me, any top tips?

RobOO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this:

Having changed the subject file, 'save (it) as' to a suitable location such as desktop. You then have a known standard of change to that file to work with. Regardless of any access rights to the parent folder Windows should let you do this. The usual problem is trying to get that alt file to overwrite the file in the home(RM) folder.

A good method of checking out the Win permissions problems is to try to delete the subject file in the RM folder, then if that works it proves you have the 'write' authority, so you can then copy and paste the subject file from your temp location into the RM folder.

All should then be well. If not you have to try to amend access rights as indicated in other responses under (logged in as) Admin authority. 

hello everybody, the railmaster and link upgrades, has interfered with my loco's digital lighting, in some cases, loco lights are permanently on, but are frozen in one direction, the loco drives forward, but it's lights are red, and the lights stay on, even if you turn them off, or you fit a new decoder into a loco, and the lights do not turn on, even though, the loco would be new and the loco would be new, and I have tried programming, cab lights on, or lights on, ? there is no easy way to work out what is wrong, as the loco lights act as if constant digital power, is being fed to the loco's, even though the loco's have perfect digital drive. I am using Hornby loco's and bachmann loco's, with a selection of digital decoder chips, even when hornby loco's are downloaded from the Hornby website, the lights , still do not work as they should, can anybody help, thanks, tony

This all perfectly normal Windows behaviour when the RM folder has been protected to stop inadvertent change and the ini file is read only. HRMS has previously noted that you may need to copy it elsewhere, change it, then copy it back. And as a matter of prudent file management, always best to keep a copy of the original file by another name, just in case you mess up the one you are changing. So first copy elsewhere, then save the one in the RM folder as something like rm.old, do your changes and copy back into the RM folder by the real name. If all is working fine, you now can delete rm.old (or not, your choice). 

Tony, yes there were some function bugs in earlier revisions of v1.56. Have you updated to revision 8 by downloading and running the setup file from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe in the last day or two?  Just put that address in your browser, select save as to somewhere convenient for you, then run it once downloaded first making sure RM has been shut down  

You can check your revision by hovering over the 1.56 in the little yellow box at the bottom mid-right of the RM main screen. 

Archived