Collectors Club Membership

lee_price

Hi,

My wife ordered the club membership back in August around the 18th.

Since the original confirmation email we have heard nothing. I have sent two emails enquiring about this but have not had a response.

Could someone please let me know how long membership takes to process?

• 2 weeks later...
I've always found they answered the telephone straightaway. I have always renewed my membership by phone, can't be bothered filling out forms and posting. Having said that, I have just received my notice that renewal is due - do I want to renew or not? It's not the cost - I have all the club magazines from No.1 - but they take up space and I have always taken the club loco - not really much use to me, but I suppose it is a cheap way of keeping the grandchildren happy.

• 4 weeks later...
Just rang to renew my membership - so this post is for information to members. The Club admin. is located at Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.They are currently moving to Margate, and the move will be completed by next week. To renew your membership by phone you will need to ring 01843 233525 - I was told I can do this next week - December.

I know - I heard a rumour they were moving to the Isle of Wight and that PP was in charge of security!! (joke) - It's difficult to know what to believe until it actually happens. However in this case the young lady said they were in the process of moving, and that everything would be back to normal next week - using the number I mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a member for some years, but have not had a magazine or or membership invoice for 2 years. I've emailed the "newclub" email address to ask what the situation is and haven't had a reply or acknowledment. Can someone at the Hornby Collectors Club tell me what I have to do to get a respones?

Cheers

Codger

(100048)

I renewed my membership in September 2014 and have paid for a year untill sept 2015. Yet when I got the news letter I see I am going to have renew in January!. What is happening as I am beging to think of canceling my membership.  I hve paid for 12 month and will have to pay again after just 4 months!

I renewed my membership in September 2014 and have paid for a year untill sept 2015. Yet when I got the news letter I see I am going to have renew in January!. What is happening as I am beging to think of canceling my membership.  I hve paid for 12 month and will have to pay again after just 4 months!

Is it not possible that when you get a renewal notice in January that they might take into account that you still have 8 months left and just ask you to pay for the period from SEP 2015 to JAN 2016 so your next renewal wil be from JAN 2016?

I agree with the above, there should be a way for them to extend your membership until the end of 2015.

On another note, I haven't received an email from the Collector Club since June this year! And the December magazine has yet to arrive. Anybody else had this?

I have received the following reply from the Hornby Hobbies Club (Bold type is my emphasis):

Hi Andreas,Thank you for your enquiry, you are due to receive your winter special magazine this month and a further addition in spring,  the new club is starting from January however as you renewed in June, your membership will continue until June 2015.If you would like to renew in June, you can do so online.

Archived