• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

prepare for disappointment, but dont tell PJ. john

Hello John

Considering you are not interested in purchasing LD you spend a lot of time in here  ;o)

They didn'tput it in the catalogue because there is an unknown period for finalising bugs and adding 3rd party suppliers of signals and decoders.

They have learnt from past experience, don't give a date if you cannot be sure to deliver on or around that date.

Watch this space  ;o)

I do hope you are not snowed in John (with no red burgandy or ginger beer!)

PJ

PJ, do you have a hot line to hornby management (insider knowledge) about the omission. Surprised you have the energy today, after you trip yesterday. When we lived in weymouth, we made trip to brighton, and returned in deep snow, to be stopped at dorchester, as weymouth cut off, and had to go on by train. Kids were delighted at all their presents being left behind in the abandoned car. Your trip reminded me, should it be necessary, how different it is here. There is a motorway from Nevers to paris, some 120 miles, which we use from time to time. If you see more than 20 cars all the way up, its quite an event. john

PJ, do you have a hot line to hornby management (insider knowledge) about the omission. Surprised you have the energy today, after you trip yesterday. When we lived in weymouth, we made trip to brighton, and returned in deep snow, to be stopped at dorchester, as weymouth cut off, and had to go on by train. Kids were delighted at all their presents being left behind in the abandoned car. Your trip reminded me, should it be necessary, how different it is here. There is a motorway from Nevers to paris, some 120 miles, which we use from time to time. If you see more than 20 cars all the way up, its quite an event. john

Same in Cyprus John, so few cars on the roads we still wave at each other.

i loved caravanning in France for the light traffic except of course on city ring roads and the Paris whirligig route - that was fun with a wobbly box in tow.

Rob

Hello John

Sorry don't have an hotline to Hornby just an email.  ;o)

Weymouth to Brighton, not the best run John!!!

Snow in Dorset!!!  Everything comes to a stop because they are not geared up for it and don't cope.  It happened once in the 11-12 years when we lived in Poole and worked for Bournemouth Council. Everything stopped, they didn't even grit the main roads in time!  Not good for the children though John.

So you moved to France, away from the once in a blue moon snow to even more snow and ice. I will have to look on the map for Macon, I am taking it you must be well inland, very rural, small village where you live, possible raised up and a little hilly? Lots of Red Burgandy and a fantastic model train set. 

The UK as you know is a small country, lots of people in a small space and even more cars.

PJ

Google Neuvy Grandchamp 71130, WTD, did, and he understood my isolation. Dont think we dont get snow/ ice, minus 7 , gas frozen, bathroom frozen. Not in a village 4 klm from neuvy grandchamp, between there, and chalmoux, located at 400 metres high.. Cars, what cars. We have been shopping this morning 20 klm, saw 2 cars. john

Google Neuvy Grandchamp 71130, WTD, did, and he understood my isolation. Dont think we dont get snow/ ice, minus 7 , gas frozen, bathroom frozen. Not in a village 4 klm from neuvy grandchamp, between there, and chalmoux, located at 400 metres high.. Cars, what cars. We have been shopping this morning 20 klm, saw 2 cars. john

Hi John

I guessed you must be raised up (if you know what I mean)

No cars!!!

Sounds triffic John but how do you tow that massive caravannnnnn you have?

We have been shopping this morning 20 klm, saw 2 cars.  

Did they wave  ;o)

PJ

Hello John

Do you live by that lovely lake?

PJ

OH DEAR, just when we got PJ,  sedated. Loco Detection is not yet available, and may not be, for some time. It is a system, where locos are recognised on the track, and you will eventually be able to buy it. Stand by for a deluge. Are you sure PJ did not put you up to asking this question. It is in the future, at the end of a very long tunnel. Great potential, keenly sort after. Did i mention PJ. john

Don't mention LD availability and when it might be.  

Someone may even be prompted to come up with a guess for our sweep if they can remember the original purpose of this thread.

So far, it has taken 19 pages to gather together 17 guesses!

Sorry being a newbie I have to ask,it's the best way to learn lol. At a guess to go back to the subject it's thrill say late next year 09/15 

Hello scuboo

Welcome to the forum

If you are not sure of anything ask (see signature at bottom of the message)

Loco Detection, oh my goodness, Hornby put in for the patent last year, even if this has been granted there will be no LD until they fix the signal issues and add more 3rd party signal providers and decoders and make sure they work in RM and with LD before launching.

Hence this thread LD availabilty, guess when you think it will be launched. No prizes and no one knows, not even Hornby as there are still issues etc to sort as stated above.

But... when it comes... it will revolutionise the way John spends his money, sorry that too was a long running joke. It will revolutionise the way we run our trains.  Hornby were working on some signal issues up to Christmas, mine and other peoples. They emailed me Christmas Eve with Good Tidings of Great Joy, but it wasn't until today I tested and had to report back the issue is not fixed and is now worse. Details in RM Forum about that.

I can't say any more on the subject (but bet a few on here will when I submit this)

Enjoy your hobby, enjoy the forum and join in when ever, with what ever. There are a fantastic group of guys on here with a knowledge that will be unreplacable as years roll on. There will always be someone to answer your questions and help where ever possible.

PJ

Sorry being a newbie I have to ask,it's the best way to learn lol. At a guess to go back to the subject it's thrill say late next year 09/15 

Hi scuboo

Welcome to the forum.

Which day would you like in September next year?

PJ,3 lakes within 600 metres, plenty of carp. john

Hello John

Do you own all 3?  I did well finding 2 lakes in such a short space of time. I took a Google drive up and down the roads ;o) Technology, when used right is brilliant.

What other fish are in there?

How big are the carp?

I take it your little house on the prairie is the one that is higher than the other? Is the lower one a holiday premises?

I can see how you don't see many cars, waste of time driving on the right as well, the road isn't wide enough to do anything other than drive down the middle.

I hope you realise I am not mentioning Loco Detection

PJ