RAILMASTER LAYOUT PLANS - share yours here

These are my plans:

Moni is my active one in Cyprus and Yaxham Waters is the one I shall be building in UK, when I get my big shed.

REPLY TO MESSAGE AND LAYOUT PLAN ON PAGE 5

Hi RAF96

You will have two so you can play when away from home. Excellent.

Does it get to hot for you in Cyprus so play indoors? It would certainly get to hot for me.

I notice the box top right on Moni, do you sue that to set signals and points for routes and keep the main program section for running trains? I am just experimenting with programming. I have managed two loops, changing signals to red as the train passes and changing all signals down the line R, Y, YY, G (5 sequence times in the loop) although I am having to use Y for G until HRMS sort the problem with colour sequence. Stopping at two stations, recoaling at one and blow out and sound off at the other. Plus a few hoots ;-) A lot of work but an insight into what LD will do automatically.

Yaxham Waters has some really long runs, I bet you plan some long rakes on them. ;o)

PJ

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Here is mine as it stands at the moment. It may not be the final version - I am thinking of changing things slightly in the goods yard area in the south-east corner. The layout is in the attic and measures 20' x 11'. As I capture the image via Microsoft Paint, I thought I would take the opportunity to add in things like station platforms, footbridge, signal boxes, engine shed, diesel traction depot, and three tunnel entrances.

Ray

REPLY TO IMAGE/MESSAGE ON PAGE 5

Nice layout Ray.

Can you reach all areas? Or do you have access holes?

Somegood runs on there. I like the hidden sidings ;o)

PJ

Hi PJ,

The access is via stairs at the east end - I have to duck down to get up the last couple of stairs under the baseboard.

Ray

Heres mind. Its from the Hornby book. My Yard has 6 and not 4 that is shown on the map.

Reply is to layout plan and picture on page 2 of this thread.

Interesting layout Phul007, what size is it?

Nice to see it finished.... FINISHED!!! I didn't think anyone finished their layout LOL

You have done a lot of work, a credit to you, it looks good.

PJ

Its just over 5 metres long and 1.2 wide.

As it gets lift by Boat Winch it is stored at 90 degrees so I can park the car in the garage.

Yeah its not "fininshed" but enough to show people it running and also landscape.

I worked 40 hours a week for 18 months to get it to here.

Morning Phul007

40 hours a week for 18 months, without pay!

Now that is total comitment and all for the love of trains ;o)

The winch idea is good, you must have it just right so that it lifts and hinges evenly all along its length.

PJ

I would share my Layout except I get the message this type of file is not allowed. PDF file it is any advice and I will upload it and share. Thanks.

Hello geochoice

The forum won't take PDF (correct me if I am wrong)

You could use the screen capture free software mentioned at the beginning. Open the PDF file, move to what you want to see on screen then capture it. Save as a jpg file and upload it.

There is always a way ;o)

PJ

/media/tinymce_upload/101_1833a.jpgAnswers below in Bold...

Rob

REPLY TO MESSAGE AND LAYOUT PLAN ON PAGE 5

Hi RAF96

You will have two so you can play when away from home. Excellent.

That's the plan.

Does it get to hot for you in Cyprus so play indoors? It would certainly get to hot for me.

The layout is indoors and the aircon is essential.

I notice the box top right on Moni, do you sue that to set signals and points for routes and keep the main program section for running trains? I am just experimenting with programming. I have managed two loops, changing signals to red as the train passes and changing all signals down the line R, Y, YY, G (5 sequence times in the loop) although I am having to use Y for G until HRMS sort the problem with colour sequence. Stopping at two stations, recoaling at one and blow out and sound off at the other. Plus a few hoots ;-) A lot of work but an insight into what LD will do automatically.

Yes those appear up there when you allocate routes in the points settings. I also had them on the floating button bar but that isn't tied to a plan, so if you change plans you get the same buttons

Yaxham Waters has some really long runs, I bet you plan some long rakes on them. ;o)

My previous layout was a folded 8 twin track , great for watching trains, but my current one is end-to-end, not so good with only room for 3 coach trains, so I thought I would go back to the long track scheme.

PJ

@TWD

Yes Cyprus had a Government Railway and you can still see a couple of locos in Famagusto but that is on the North side and too much of a hassle to cross over to.

Above is a picture of an electric mine loco - mind your head on the pantograph.

I would share my Layout except I get the message this type of file is not allowed. PDF file it is any advice and I will upload it and share. Thanks.

Hello geochoice

The forum won't take PDF (correct me if I am wrong)

You could use the screen capture free software mentioned at the beginning. Open the PDF file, move to what you want to see on screen then capture it. Save as a jpg file and upload it.

There is always a way ;o)

PJ

Windows 8 has a built in screen capture tool called 'Snipping Tool' look for it in the Metro apps, right click the app icon and pin it to your taskbar. The only snag is there is no 'hot key' option to invoke it when running other stuff in full screen, so you have to be able to see your taskbar to select it, meaning RM has to be put into restore screen size first.

Hi everyone,

Here is mine as it stands at the moment. It may not be the final version - I am thinking of changing things slightly in the goods yard area in the south-east corner. The layout is in the attic and measures 20' x 11'. As I capture the image via Microsoft Paint, I thought I would take the opportunity to add in things like station platforms, footbridge, signal boxes, engine shed, diesel traction depot, and three tunnel entrances.

Ray

Can you see the full layout on 50% Ray?

Not quite - I can see the full width, but lose a little on the height. I suppose I could squeeze it in if I removed a band of cells across the 'equator', but I'm a little apprehensive about selecting half of the layout and dragging it to another position, as I've had one or two disasters trying that in the past.

Ray

I don't remember a train station in Limassol? Come to think of it I don't remember any trains in Cyprus - must have appeared since I left in 1971 LOL!

No station at Limassol TWD, the narrow gauge railway ran further east and north - see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_Government_Railway

some nice pictures here

http://www.narrow-gauge.co.uk/gallery/52

A perhaps easier way to upload a picture of your onscreen layout is to take a shot of it with a digital camera (if you have one), load it into your PC and send it from there.

I don't remember a train station in Limassol? Come to think of it I don't remember any trains in Cyprus - must have appeared since I left in 1971 LOL!
No station at Limassol TWD, the narrow gauge railway ran further east and north - see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_Government_Railway some nice pictures here http://www.narrow-gauge.co.uk/gallery/52

Well I'm blowed! Never new anything about any of that. I've been on the Nicosia main road to Kyrenia a couple of times and not seen that loco parked there either - must keep my eyes open if/when I go back. That narrow gauge and mine complex would be an interesting modelling project. Thanks RAF!

Mine started off as a pdf file which I then used the 'save as' option in Adobe Acrobat to save it as a .jpg

If you haven't got Acrobat just google 'how do I save a pdf file as a jpg'

Mine started off as a pdf file which I then used the 'save as' option in Adobe Acrobat to save it as a .jpg

If you haven't got Acrobat just google 'how do I save a pdf file as a jpg'

Excellent advise ;o)

I myself wouldn't need to take the advice I gave. I don't need Acrobat. I just feed a picture into "Photo Gallery" as a jpg one and then use that. I only suggested using a digital camera as another possible way if people aren't able to convert the format on their PC at all.

I myself wouldn't need to take the advice I gave. I don't need Acrobat. I just feed a picture into "Photo Gallery" as a jpg one and then use that. I only suggested using a digital camera as another possible way if people aren't able to convert the format on their PC at all.

I meant excellent advice for those who cannot screen capture or take image with digital camera. For those who have PDF wanting to make it an image file to upload.

As for Acrobat, I couldn't do one either Graskie ;o)

TWD, remember to click outside the previous poster's yellow area before posting yours, then we'll be able to see more easily what RAF said and what you are adding. Also see separate Yu appear very quiet fishythread on Forum Feedback where this has been discussed.

You definately appear very quiet fishy.

You must be 'train-ing' ;o)

True. I haven't seen much I had a contribution on lately. Also been away from home since Thursday so a little busier then usual. Back tomorrow night but only for the week then off to US and Canada next Saturday for 3 weeks. Worst part will be swapping Summer for Winter. Best part, I haven't been to America yet.

Thanks guys. While I'll need to wrap up for the tourist stuff in NY and Washington, primary purpose is to be one of the referees at Squash's World Women's Team Championships in Niagara. There, accommodation, courts etc are all in the one indoor complex so won't be too much problem with weather.

• 2 months later...

Still working my next UK layout for build if and when I get the 14-16 ft x 8 ft shed I want to put it in I have plenty of length but limited to 8 ft on width due to drain runs.

So far I'm on version 7.3, almost as many as RM.

Archived